CSC MyWorkStyle Windows 10 Accelerator
Minimize disruption and reduce errors with CSC's Windows 10 Migration Experts
Microsoft® Windows® 10 is transforming the user experience and enhancing enterprise productivity. Adoption is being driven — and accelerated — by the growth of Windows 10 in the consumer marketplace, as well as the winding down of hardware support and security updates for Windows 7. If your enterprise has not yet made the change, it’s time to begin planning your migration.
Improve Migration Control and Flexibility
With responsibility for more than 950,000 desktops, 270,000 tablets and other devices, and a total of 1.1 million users in 94 countries, CSC understands the challenges of large-scale OS migrations.
CSC MyWorkStyle™ Windows 10 Migration Accelerator is a five-step program based on our experience and tools used in more than 180 workplace transformations, including our own transition for a global, highly mobile workforce. These services and tools reduce hands-on upgrades and lower support requirements, translating to lower costs.
CSC MyWorkStyle Windows 10 Accelerator allows enterprises to choose the features and implement the options that make the most sense for the business and the users.
The result is a zero-touch migration process that maximizes business benefits and gives enterprises more control and flexibility over the migration path, while ensuring a successful and compliant migration. Benefits include:
- Effective implementation of new features. Leverage CSC’s deep understanding of Windows 10 to ensure you can identify and leverage the right features to adopt to maximize the outcome for your business.
- Our specialized, unique migration toolset. Combine proprietary and partner tools for integrated assessment, management and insight throughout the program to ensure your migration goes smoothly. Our proprietary tools increase the penetration of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) agents on hardware designated for upgrades, which improves upgrade rates and user satisfaction.
- Zero-touch, customer-centric migration. Guided by best practices and CSC’s unique toolset, you’ll accelerate migration, giving end users more information and control over the process, and more flexibility over how and when to migrate.
- Unified Device Management. Take advantage of enterprise mobility management of Windows 10 devices, reduce IT focus on heavily engineered images and increase security with advanced threat protection.
5 Steps to a Successful Migration
CSC’s proven processes, tools and global delivery capabilities make your migration smooth, efficient and user friendly. Get the benefits of the modern workplace now.
- Step 1: A Windows 10 migration requires a new way of thinking. Our Advisory Phase helps you understand how Windows 10 differs from previous OS upgrades. You'll uncover questions you should be asking along the way, learn how to differentiate workstyles and determine the features needed by your enterprise. At the end of this phase, you'll have a complete picture of how Windows 10 fits into your enterprise.
- Step 2: Using tools such as Lakeside SysTrack, the Assessment Phase develops a comprehensive picture of your IT estate, devices and applications to understand resources and estimate the total migration effort. The process includes a breakdown of application readiness, device compatibility, infrastructure readiness and usage analytics, all designed to help you develop an accurate and complete business case.
- Step 3: In the Application Readiness Phase, we’ll we'll use tools such as Citrix® AppDNA® to helphelp you prepare your application portfolio for the migration. From gathering and remediating requirements to packaging, user acceptance testing and deployment, our process will make your apps ready for Windows 10 and available via the deployment tool.
- Step 4:Infrastructure Readiness ensures that the foundational components needed to support a quick transition are in place. We’ll help you identify gaps in infrastructure compatibility and create and coordinate upgrade projects.
- Step 5: The Migration Phase gives users more information and control over the process. Incorporating Microsoft SCCM with 1E Nomad, our network-intelligent design ensures that upgrades won’t affect business network performance. Automatically update device firmware to enable security features including “Secure Boot.” Comprehensive statistics — available via dashboard — neatly summarize migration status and highlight potential problems.
Continuing Support Through CSC MyWorkStyle
As new data, applications and next-gen devices enter your world, integration and security are key, as is enabling employees to work the way they choose — wherever, however and whenever they want. Once your enterprise migrates successfully to Windows 10, you may consider CSC MyWorkStyle and other workplace solutions to continue managing your IT resources effectively.
Bridge the expectation gap between users, business leaders and IT
CSC MyWorkStyle Device and Mobility Management provides the compliance, management and support needed to deliver enterprise applications, patches and updates to the desktop or mobile device throughout their full life cycle. Through our base services and optional extensions, we provide the control and flexibility your workforce needs. We use self-service, self-help features, as well as automation framework and workflow management, to simplify IT operations.
Secure access to applications and data anytime, anywhere
CSC MyWorkStyle Virtual Desktop and Applications offers a flexible, always-on data center or cloud-based desktop that can be accessed by any compatible user device from anywhere with adequate network coverage. By untethering data and desktop applications from physical user devices, you can protect intellectual property, prevent data loss and manage desktop applications and security patches far more efficiently.
Provide a platform for a contextual user experience
Windows 10 offers more features to help users work efficiently and collaboratively. Microsoft’s digital assistant, Cortana, can help eliminate repetitive tasks because it is integrated with Microsoft Office 365 and a growing body of Software as a Service (SaaS) and corporate applications. Cortana allows users to focus on nonroutine, value-added work that improves productivity, business outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Keep IT running smoothly
CSC Service Management offers IT infrastructure management support through a zero-touch, smart-service model. Our ongoing support ensures that your migration to Windows 10 results in continued success.
Get Started Now
Ready to make the move to Windows 10? CSC’s proven processes, tools and global delivery capabilities will make your migration smooth, efficient and user friendly, so your enterprise can start reaping the benefits of the modern workplace now.
Contact us to learn how you can ease your move to Windows 10.