Post Office Lays the Foundations for Transforming Its Business
Client:Post Office Ltd, part of the Royal Mail Group
- Make the Post Office the supplier of choice for mail services, financial services, government services and telephony.
- In-depth analysis of the Post Office’s objectives, leading to a recommendation of enterprise architecture to underpin delivery of the business transformation strategy.
- The Post Office has developed effective enterprise architecture processes and put them to practical use in support of its change programmes.
- CSC is also managing the Post Office’s enterprise architecture toolset, helping it to maximise its technology investment.
Faced with new commercial pressures, Post Office Ltd (the Post Office) embarked on a wide-ranging strategy to transform business operations and achieve a return to profit. To become the supplier of choice for mail services, financial services, Government services and telephony, the Post Office sought CSC's help.
Integrated change programme
After thoroughly analysing the Post Office’s objectives, CSC made a compelling case for the role that enterprise architecture could play in establishing the operational baseline. It would drive greater engagement between the business and the IT organisation, and therefore develop a more integrated change programme.
We knew that enterprise architecture would enable the Post Office to translate its business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change. It would also make it quicker and easier for the company to assess and achieve the impact of change.
On course for transformation
Based on the outcomes of the review, the CSC team drew up an Enterprise Architecture Capability Maturity Assessment, working closely with Post Office stakeholders to:
- Develop a vision for enterprise architecture at the Post Office
- Agree on target maturity levels for enterprise architecture capabilities
- Create a roadmap for improving those capabilities and delivering the Post Office’s enterprise architecture vision
CSC delivered a strategy, vision and development roadmap for enterprise architecture, helping the Post Office gain a clear understanding of the invaluable role enterprise architecture will play in its business transformation strategy.
“Thanks to CSC’s expert consultancy, we have been able to raise our game in terms of our enterprise architecture capability," says David Gray, IT Strategy & Architecture Manager, Post Office Ltd. "Because we can now integrate business and IT change more effectively, we are on course to transform our business and deliver our vision of a sustainable, efficient, modern Post Office.”