Storage as a Service - Store
This fully managed, utility-based service offers you the most efficient way to store your file and block-level data. Best of all, you pay only for what you need and actually use.
CSC Storage as a Service offerings provide innovative technologies and by-the-gigabyte, usage-based pricing to modernize and transform storage estate and deliver instant savings of typically 12 to 48 percent. With CSC Storage as a Service, the client pays only for the data storage they use, when they use it. Setup is fast, adding or removing capacity is even faster, and backups are efficient and quick. CSC Storage as a Service enables clients to lower storage costs, free up capital, enjoy industry savings, rapidly deploy storage, scale up or down, back-up and restore efficiently and completely, and benefit from global support organization to help in their IT transformation.
Storage as a Service -- Store is a fully managed, pay-as-you-go storage service that the client consumes and pays for by the gigabyte (GB). This service can be delivered from a CSC or client data center, and allows clients to allocate data using different performance/availability tiers, depending on the usage and importance of the data. This allows clients to balance business need with the cost of their data storage.
These services provide primary storage, which includes:
- Block Storage: For structured data, such as databases including SQL and MS Access; this is aimed at high-transaction or availability workloads
- File Enterprise Storage: For unstructured data, such as Microsoft documents, media and images, virtual infrastructure storage, generic file services; this is aimed at low- to medium-transactional workloads
- Scale Out NAS: For Web-scale high capacity and throughput network attached storage (Big Data storage)
- Performance Stack: A fully managed network attached storage service that provides performance options so data can be stored at the performance tier required by the client's business needs. We offer three tiers of performance: an ultra-fast stack for the most demanding applications, a mid-tier stack, and a capacity stack for those data-hungry apps. Also, as the client's data performance needs change, their data can move seamlessly between stacks
Your business is moving faster than ever. But how about your data-storage systems?
Flash arrays are the solution. Storage solutions based on this technology can dramatically reduce your need for data-center floor space, electric power and air conditioning. That, in turn, can dramatically lower your IT costs.
Flash arrays also offer far greater performance than traditional disk array systems. They have no moving parts, simplifying maintenance issues. And they’re compact: Where a traditional disk array in a data center would need 8 racks, a similarly configured flash array can get away with just 1.
Compared with traditional disk arrays, flash array storage offers:
- Up to 15 times greater performance
- Reduced need for data-center floor space — by more than 80 percent!
- Reduced power and air-conditioning consumption — by up to 85 percent!
- The ability to store writeable copies as zero cost. Authorized users can create and destroy copies within a controlled business construct
- Improved disaster recovery with replication zero-footprint data copies
- The ability to be store data in the cloud — for example, with CSC’s Storage as a Service Store Flash
Storage as a Service Store Flash can improves application performance 15 times over traditional disk arrays, while reducing data center sprawl.
Read Flash Technology Journey paper to learn more.
CIOs need to quickly and expertly store unstructured data. They also need fast data retrieval and high levels of recovery after a data loss or disaster.
Object storage delivers on all those needs. It also can help CIOs transform data into actionable information.
Where more conventional approaches manage data as files or blocks, object storage systems manage data as objects. By comparison with those older approaches, object storage is typically far less costly, much more scalable and better able to perform self-healing.
CSC has partnered with data-center storage leaders to deliver a cloud-based object store solution. It’s self-protecting, media- and location-independent, encrypted, policy-based and compliant. It works for today while enabling a flexible platform for tomorrow.
Here are just some of the benefits you can enjoy with this object storage solution:
- Store more data using less disk space, floor space, power and cooling
- Leverage the superior economics of the cloud, and support cloud bursting
- Customize your hybrid-cloud architecture using one or more leading public-cloud services
- Store sensitive content, big data or seldom-used content locally and securely with a cost-optimized storage tier option
- Take advantage of a proven and robust object store solution within an open source environment
Are you ready to hear how flash arrays can help lower your storage costs, improve your storage performance, and move data to the cloud?