Empower your business experts.
CSC’s VP/MS could be your key to unlocking a winning product strategy. It is the answer to front-end legacy environments, helping insurers to establish a single product platform for multinationals, bundle products easily across lines of business where regulatory requirements allow you to do so, translate underwriting manuals into rules, and distribute products independent from the underlying platform.
VP/MS provides an ideal solution, and sets new standards – reducing the time and effort needed to develop new products, minimizing costs, and integrating products into a heterogeneous IT environment from the start. It handles product information centrally and provides version and change management. As a standalone solution in its own right, VP/MS is CSC’s strategic calculation component for all lines of business in CSC systems, whether it’s Life & Pension, Property & Casualty or Health products. The same applies for non-CSC systems proving the true platform-independence of the tool.
Used across the globe in more than 30 countries, VP/MS is the software of choice for insurers and other financial services companies. It is a generic all lines-of-business tool that is typically used by IT professionals, actuaries and/or business analysts depending on the particular organizational responsibilities within each company. VP/MS is a complete product family, which supports the product development process in many ways:
- Acts as a central repository for all data, documents and knowledge concerning a product’s development, and the basic source of all product information. This includes UI usage, and thus supports product development management from the beginning to the end of the product lifecycle
- Improves the often sequential, manual, and paper-based processes in the course of a product’s introduction, and let products run in on- and offline environment
- Can also help represent claims and other diverse business processes
- Supports but is not limited to “pay as you live” and “pay as you drive” product business models
- Provides flexible product modularization across different channels
- Eliminates multi-channel conflicts and allows efficient product management across channels and multiple platforms, even omni-channel.
- Features a small central interface that allows efficient integration into different IT platforms.
- Offers product visualization options that can be used to enhance communication between business and IT
Available as standard software for almost 20 years, VP/MS and is being continuously enhanced by relying on technologies like Java, Eclipse, XML, and HTML 5. It guarantees investment protection and market leadership and is used in more than 30 countries across the globe. Definitively proven to be standard and line of business independent, VP/MS covers a wide range of lines of business in insurance and financial services — personal lines, commercial lines, life (individual and group), and health (individual and group) — and it does so on a global scale.