Small Business Contracting & Minority Business Development Initiatives
At CSC, we work hard to bring small and disadvantaged businesses into our family of vendors and subcontractors. Through an active Supplier Diversity Program, we reach out to small businesses, and to large businesses owned by women, minorities, veterans and others of diverse backgrounds, to increase supplier diversity and educate suppliers on CSC’s procurement process. Diversity managers and small business coordinators also advocate for diverse businesses within the company and work with other community, government and business organizations that provide opportunities for small business contracting.
CSC participates in federal mentor-protégé programs. Through these programs, large federal prime contractors like CSC pair with small disadvantaged businesses to help them improve their business and technological skills. CSC has participated in several teams that received the DoD Nunn-Perry Award. This award recognizes a Mentor-Protégé team's outstanding performance in this minority business development partnership programs.
For more information, visit the Department of Defense Mentor-Protégé Web site - www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/mentor_protege.
Recent Praise and Recognition for Supplier Diversity at CSC (View all recognitions.)
- Veteran Business Opportunities: The Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium “Champions of Veteran Enterprise” award presented to CSC to honor accomplishments in awards to service-disabled Veteran-owned small businesses.
- Women-Owned Business Opportunities: CSC presented with an award for Advocate of the Year, by the Women President’s Educational Organization (WPEO).
- DHS Mentor Protégé Team of the Year Award.
- Certificate of Appreciation Food and Drug Administration recognition for contributions to FDA OAGS Small Business Outreach Fair
- CSC Recognized as a Top Employer for Persons with Disabilities by CAREERS & the disABLED magazine as one of America’s “Top 50 Employers for Persons with Disabilities,” according to the magazine’s January 2011 issue.
- CSC’s Defense Group (National Security Agency, NSA) received the DoD Nunn Perry Award recognizing CSC’s Mentor Protégé agreement with Knight Point Systems (Reston, VA) as one of the top Mentor Protégé teams in the country.
- CSC’s Defense Group (National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, NGA) received the DoD Nunn Perry Award recognizing CSC’s Mentor Protégé agreement with NVsion Solutions Inc. (Bay Saint Louis, MS) as one of the top Mentor Protégé teams in the country.
- CSC Defense received the Champion of Veteran Enterprise Award presented by the National Veteran Small Business Coalition “For Exceptional Support of Service-Disabled Veteran Small Business in FY 2010”.
- Department of Justice Award for FY 2009 Small Business Subcontracting Accomplishments.
- Nunn Perry Award for 2009, recognizing CSC’s Mentor Protégé agreement with OCCAM Solutions (Fairfax, VA ) as one of the top Mentor Protégé teams in the country. The award was announced in March 2010.
- CAREERS & the disABLED magazine as one of America’s “Top 50 Employers for Persons with Disabilities,” according to the magazine’s January 2010 issue.
- Department of Justice Award for FY 2008 Small Business Subcontracting Accomplishments.
- Two "Large Business Prime Contractor of the Year" awards for information technology services contracts NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory & NASA John C. Stennis Space Center.
- National Eagle Leadership Institute's (NELI) Award for Diversity and Inclusion, presented at the 17th annual Career FOCUS Eagle Awards Gala on Thursday, November 19, 2009, at the Fairmont Chicago at Millennium Park. NELI is a premier leadership development resource for African-American and Latino professionals and college students.
- Northern Virginia Technology Council's (NVTC) Green Award for creating a positive impact on the region through green practices, December 2009.