CSC Community Registered User Privacy Statement and User Agreement
Summary of Changes to CSC Community Registered User Privacy Statement and User Agreement
- How CSC might use your personal information, including for purposes of marketing CSC’s goods and services;
- The controls CSC has in place on any disclosure by CSC of your personal information (for example, CSC will not sell or rent your information!);
- That CSC may change this Privacy Statement and User Agreement from time to time;
- CSC’s Code of Conduct concerning participation in the Community; and
- Procedures for reporting instances of copyright infringement.
Please feel free to contact the Web Master at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this site. With this Notice, your continued use of the Community will indicate your agreement to the revised Privacy Statement and User Agreement.
CSC Community Registered User Privacy Statement
When you, Registered User, attempt to log onto the Community for the first time, we ask you to check a box indicating that you have read, understood and agreed to the CSC Community Registered User Privacy Statement and User Agreement. If you do not check the box “I agree to these terms and conditions” during your attempt to log in, your registration will be cancelled.
What is the CSC Community?
The Community is an open, interactive online community where members can share their experiences and seek guidance. The Community allows members to learn, connect with others and share.
Participating in the Community will allow you to browse content and profiles; collaborate with other members and experts; enhance your profile; comment on content; and for some groups, create blogs, documents and videos. Registered Users of the Community include CSC’s employees and clients, as well as members of the general public. Different Registered Users and User groups may have different levels of access.
What personal data does the Community hold about you?
CSC collects and stores the following types of data concerning Registered Users, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Required Registered User profile data, which include, Registered User’s name (first name and last name), Email address, password, organization and title/position;
- Optional Registered User profile data, which include e-photo, avatar, contact phone number, address, relationship with CSC, LinkedIn profile, Facebook profile, associations, certifications and tags;
- System-generated data, which include last login date, join date, frequency of visits and system-usage information; and
- Contributed content, which includes discussion threads, comments, blog entries, documents, photos and videos.
A Registered User can update his or her profile data and delete his or her comments, questions, documents and blog entries. However, while you as a Registered User can clear optional fields and put N/A (not applicable) in required fields, you can never delete a Username (so you may want to create one that does not personally identify you).
How will my personal data be used?
The Community uses your Registered User ID and password and your Registered User profile data to authenticate and authorize your access to the Community and certain of its components. Contributed content, contact information, discussion threads, and membership lists are used to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience in areas important to CSC, its clients and to Registered Users. CSC may use information you contribute to the Community and about your participation in the Community for marketing purposes.
Where will my personal data reside and how will my personal data be protected?
The Community is supported by third-party providers of enterprise social software, which in turn may subcontract with other providers of hosting, application, video and other services. We also retain vendors that collect and analyze aggregated metrics concerning use of the Community. We require these third parties to respect our privacy practices and not use your personal information for purposes other than to carry out our instructions.
The Community resides on infrastructure largely located in the United States, but supporting infrastructure could be located around the world. CSC requires its vendors to comply with CSC security policies.
How will I be notified if the uses of my data change?
CSC reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement and the User Agreement from time to time. Be sure to check this page regularly for updates. If CSC ever makes a material change to this Privacy Statement, you will have a chance to choose how that change will affect any personal information you previously gave CSC.
If you require further information about this Privacy Statement, please contact the Community Manager. Contact information can be found in the Contact Us link in the footer of the site.
CSC Community Registered User Agreement
The terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Community appear in the www.csc.com Legal Disclaimer http://www.csc.com/legal, as well as the following CSC Community Registered User Agreement (“Agreement”). By checking the box, “I agree to these terms and conditions,” during your first attempt to log in to the Community, you, Registered User, consent to ALL the terms of this Agreement. If you do not check the box, “I agree to these terms and conditions,” during your first attempt to log in, you will cancel that login attempt and your registration. Your subsequent use of the Community implies your continued consent to this Agreement.
By completing and posting the Community Registered User Profile Form, you give your consent for CSC and others who are Registered Users of the Community to view this information. Therefore, CSC suggests that you do not include any information about your company that your company considers to be proprietary, confidential and/or trade secret information.
As a Registered User, you agree as follows:
- In submitting content to the Community, I understand and agree that the content may be made accessible to CSC and the groups and/or individuals I have specified as having access to the content; and that the content is submitted to the Community with appropriate access controls.
- I will update and correct any personal information I have submitted to the Community which is out of date, incomplete, or inaccurate and that CSC is not responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your personal data.
As a Registered User, you agree and warrant that you will not:
- Deliver to the Community Protected Health Information, such as information protected under the privacy or security regulations issued pursuant to the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), as amended and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, and regulations promulgated thereunder (ARRA); as well as information regulated by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and by health records statutes in Australian states and territories;
- Deliver to the Community European Government information, including European Defence, Public Sector, and Health Care information; as well as information about European National Critical Infrastructure, including the Financial Sector;
- Deliver to the Community driver license numbers; passport numbers; government-issued private identifiers such as social security, tax ID, national insurance, or similar numbers; or bank, checking, credit card, debit card, or other financial account numbers;
- Deliver to the Community sensitive personal data such as religious affiliation, union membership, etc.;
- Deliver any unsolicited advertisement, promotional materials, junk email, bulk Email (also known as "spam"), chain letters, surveys or contests, or solicit participation in any pyramid schemes;
- Deliver any unlawful (according to local, state, federal, or international law or regulation) postings to or through the Community, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- Deliver any postings, or provide links to postings, containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, insulting, threatening, tortious, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- Deliver any postings, or provide links to postings containing material that harasses, victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or any other legally-protected characteristic;
- Deliver any postings, or provide links to postings, containing defamatory, false, or libelous material;
- Deliver any posting, to or through the Community, that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- Deliver any posting, to or through the Community, that violates applicable export control laws;
- Deliver any posting to the Community that that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive or defraud another;
- Manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting delivered to or through the Service;
- Use the Community in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the Community or other Users’ computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Community, any related Web site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Community, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Community, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as Email addresses; or
- Otherwise cause damage or exploit information for commercial purposes on or through the Community.
You are solely responsible and liable for any postings delivered to the Community using your account. CSC reserves the right to remove any posting and limit or terminate access to you at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice from CSC.
CSC does not control and is not responsible for any notes, messages, billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material, or files delivered to the Community by you or other Users. CSC is not obligated to and does not regularly review, monitor, delete or edit postings. However, CSC reserves the right to do so at any time in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason. These activities do not impose any responsibility or liability on CSC for damages arising from postings or from CSC’s alteration of postings. CSC is not responsible or liable for damages of any kind arising from any postings even when CSC is advised of the possibility of such damages and even if CSC has taken responsive action in other cases.
The information and opinions expressed in postings on the Community are not necessarily those of CSC or its affiliated or related entities, and CSC makes no representations or warranties regarding that information or those opinions. CSC does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any postings or determine whether the postings violate the rights of others. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
Unless otherwise provided, all postings to the Community automatically and immediately become the property of CSC without any obligation of confidentiality. Unless otherwise provided, CSC shall be entitled to use the material for any type of use forever including in any media whether now known or later devised. If any court determines that CSC does not retain exclusive ownership of any posting, then you hereby expressly grant to CSC a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, edit, translate, perform, transmit, sell, sublicense or otherwise distribute and display the posting for any reason, including for promotional and advertising purposes, alone or as a part of other works in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, and you waive all moral rights in all such postings.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
CSC respects the intellectual property rights of third parties, and complies with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) regarding such rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you should send written notification thereof to our Designated Agent, Stuart Nickles, who can be reached as follows:By mail:
Stuart Nickles, Esq.
c/o CSC Legal
3170 Fairview Park Drive
Falls Church, VA 22042
+1 703 849 1015
By email: email@example.com
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512(c), to be effective, the Notification must include the following:1) The physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2) A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site, and a description of the infringing activity;
3) Identification of the specific location on a CSC Web site where the material claimed to be infringing is located, described sufficiently to allow CSC to find the material;
4) Identification of the specific location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
5) Information reasonably sufficient to permit CSC to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and if available, Email address;
6) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner described in the Notification is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
7) A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the Notification is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
This process only relates to reporting a claim of copyright infringement. Messages related to other matters will not receive a response through this process.