What is the CSC Internal/External Community (“Community”)?
The Community is an open, interactive online community where members can share their experiences and seek guidance. The Community allows members to learn, connect with others and share.
The Community is supported by Jive Software, a third-party provider of enterprise social software whose principal office is in Portland, Oregon, USA. Jive Software, in turn, subcontracts:
- Hosting services to SunGard, a third-party hosting services provider, whose principal office is in Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Web acceleration services to Akamai, a third-party content delivery and application acceleration provider, whose principal office is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- Video streaming services to Twistage, a third-party video platform provider, whose principal office is in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Google Analytics, by Google Corporation, whose principal office is in Mountain View, California, USA.
- Omniture, by Adobe Corporation, whose principal office is in San Jose, California, USA.
What personal data does the Community hold about you?
This Privacy Statement concerns itself with the following types of Registered User data managed in the Community:
- Required Registered User profile data which includes, Registered User’s name (first name and last name), Email address, password, organization and title/position;
- Optional Registered User profile data which includes e-photo, avatar, contact phone number, address, relationship with CSC, LinkedIn profile, Facebook profile, associations, certifications and tags;
- System-generated data which includes, last login date and join date; and
- Contributed content which includes discussion threads, comments, blog entries, documents, photos and videos.
You, as a Registered User, will also retain rights to correct data for accuracy and delete all comments, questions, documents and blog entries. However, while you as a Registered User can clear optional fields and put N/A (not applicable) in required fields, you can never delete a Username (so you may want to create one that is not identifiable).
How will my personal data be used?
The Community uses your Registered User ID and password and your Registered User profile data to authenticate and authorize your access to the Community, as well as to control access to its components. In addition, data such as contributed content, contact information, discussion threads, and membership lists are used to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and experience in areas important to CSC business, and the business of CSC clients.
Where will my personal data reside and how will my personal data be protected?
The Community resides on infrastructure in the continental United States. The video streaming service resides on infrastructure around the world. (No personal data will be stored in the global Web acceleration infrastructure.) Different access levels are applied to data within the system to ensure data are visible only to appropriate Registered Users and groups. Backup data are stored offsite in Wooddale, Illinois, USA. Technical and organizational security of the hosting infrastructure is SAS70 Type II certified and is maintained in accordance with CSC policies. Only authorized CSC and Jive Software administrators support the Community. In addition, the support provided by Jive SBS and its subcontractors is subject to standard nondisclosure agreement.
Administrative access to your Registered User profile in the directory is restricted on a need-to-know basis and is granted only to CSC system administrators. Only you and the CSC system administrator have write access to your Registered User profile.
How long will my personal data be held?
Generally, the Community will retain your personal data for only as long as is required to support your access and the content flow of the Community.
How will I be notified if the uses of my data change?
If the uses of your personal data in the Community change, attempts will be made to notify you beforehand and (if the changes are significant) to seek your consent through screens such as this in the Community login.
If you require further information about this Privacy Statement, please contact the Community Manager. Contact information can be found in the Contact Us link in the footer of the site.
The following CSC Community Registered User Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Community.
By completing and posting the Community Registered User Profile Form you give your consent for others who are Registered Users of the Community to view this information. Therefore, CSC suggests that you do not include any information about your company that your company considers to be proprietary, confidential and/or trade secret information.
By checking the box ‘I agree to these terms and conditions’ during your first attempt to log in to the Community, you, Registered User, consent to ALL the terms of this Agreement. Your subsequent use of the Community implies your continued consent to this Agreement. If you do not check the box ‘I agree to these terms and conditions’ during your first attempt to log in, you cancel that login attempt.
I, Registered User, agree as follows:
- I will not input the following types of data into the Community:
- Protected Health Information, such as information protected under the privacy or security regulations issued pursuant to the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), as amended and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, and regulations promulgated thereunder (ARRA); as well as information regulated by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and by health records statutes in Australian states and territories.
- European Government information, including European Defence, Public Sector, and Health Care information; as well as information about European National Critical Infrastructure, including the Financial Sector.
- Such personally identifiable information as driver license numbers; passport numbers; government-issued private identifiers such as social security, tax ID, national insurance, or similar numbers; or bank, checking, credit card, debit card, or other financial account numbers.
- Sensitive personal data such as religious affiliation, union membership, etc.
- In submitting content to the Community, I understand and agree that the content may be made accessible to the groups and/or individuals I have specified as having access to the content; that the content is submitted to the Community with appropriate access controls; and/or that no export laws or regulations or copyright laws are violated by the submission.
- I will update and correct any personal information I have submitted to the Community which is out of date, incomplete, or inaccurate.
I, Registered User, understand that any subsequent use of the CSC Community Service implies continued consent to this Agreement.