Storage as a Service – Your Data Storage Solution
Choose Storage as a Service if you want to reduce data storage costs, free up capital, improve business agility and boost system performance.
Challenging the status quo
Many organizations spend more than they need to on data storage infrastructure and associated costs, and in most cases this expenditure isn't actually solving their most pressing data-related problems.
Until now, IT departments had no choice but to acquire enough data storage to meet their anticipated organizational needs for the next six to 12 months. That tied up capital in a depreciating asset and initially over-provisioned IT with too much data storage. It also created problems when the departments needed to rapidly add or remove data storage.
What should you look for?
- Lower storage costs: Stop tying up capital in the depreciating asset that is storage — pay only for the storage you actually need and use.
- Industry savings: Since storage costs less and less every year, your rates should adjust annually so industry savings get passed along to you.
- Rapid deployment: Initial setup of your storage should happen in weeks — not months — with ongoing incremental needs occurring overnight. A little buffer would also help with urgent requirements.
- Scalability: Scaling up or down quickly is essential for your agility.
- Efficient backups: Advances in technology mean that disk storage is the only way to go. Tape drives are costly and not always reliable. Plus, backup times are improved by as much as 60%.
With CSC Storage as a Service, you pay only for the data storage you use, when you use it. Setup is fast, too; adding or removing capacity is even faster. Backups are efficient and quick.
CSC Storage as a Service can help you:
- Cut your data storage costs
- Increase your operational efficiency
- Improve your organization’s agility
Read the Acceptable Use Policy (PDF, 97KB) for this service.