Per Foldager is one of CSC’s respected architects with more than 20 years of experience in designing solutions. Read on and get his perspective on what CSC is looking for to the Application Designer graduate positions.
What kind of profile are you looking for?
We are looking for people with a Bachelor/Master’s degree in information technology, who has gained insight into application architecture and design as part of their education. They must be interested in new technologies and how these can be used in various industries to solve business issues and drive innovation. We need people who can imagine the future and shape solutions that are amazing in order to bring the future to life. In addition, they must possess a keen interest in continuous learning.
In your eyes, what are the most important abilities to possess in order to be a success in your team/at CSC?
- Keen interest in continuous learning
- Interest in new technologies and experimenting with these
- Infectious enthusiasm
- Desire and ability to make the impossible possible
- Holistic thinking with interest in combining business and technical views
- Great skills in written and oral communications
- Team player and desire to be a winner
- Proficient in English
What type of responsibilities can graduates expect in your team?
Designing, developing, installing, testing, and documenting basic applications software, including database, server, integration, client, and web components. Additionally, they can also expect to be contributing to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components.
Possible areas of responsibilities are:
- Application architecture
- Application design
- Application development
- Application integration
- Data analysis and design
- Participation in bid & proposal work
- Contribution to the global communities within CSC
How do you ensure the development of the graduates?
Development is ensured by rotation between various projects in different industries such as:
- Strategy and client development
- Proposal writing
- Delivery projects
- Structured architecture curriculum focusing on right training
- Specialization in selected technologies
- Assessment of architecture capabilities as part of the architect career path
- Experienced architect will be allocated as mentor
What can you offer future graduates?
A chance to grow into a very skilled architect in a global company with huge focus on technology transformation that helps modernize and transform our clients’ information technology solutions.
What future positions do you see a graduate in after the end of the program?
I see the graduate in a position as Application Designer with the perspective of developing into an Application Architect depending on previous experience with application development and how you develop during the 2 years of the program.
After many years of experience, it will be possible to evolve into solution architect or enterprise architect roles.