CSC Reports Annual Corporate Responsibility Progress
News Release -- October 02, 2012
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Oct. 2 – CSC (NYSE: CSC) has released its annual corporate responsibility (CR) report, detailing the company’s significant progress in building a transparent, sustainable business. The report outlines how the company has advanced its environmental, governance and social progress.
“Our theme this year is all about moving CSC’s business forward,” said CSC President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Lawrie. “Progress toward a more sustainable, profitable and ethical company is integral to our business growth and we are proud of our achievements in CR.”
CSC defines its CR approach using five focus areas: Clients and Partners, Employees, Community, Governance and Environment. The new report’s highlights include:
- For the third year in a row, independent recognition and awards from Business in the Community, the FTSE4Good Index and CR Magazine, validating CSC as a well-managed, responsible company
- The promotion of a corporate culture of ethics and compliance, enhanced by a newly appointed Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer who reports directly to the Audit Committee of the CSC Board of Directors
- Continued environmental sustainability progress that expands CSC’s global submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project
- The launch of a strategic charitable program, the CSC Gives Back global challenge, which enables CSC employees to support three communities of children and their families around the world
- Progress in employee development and diversity efforts
- Recognition as a Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association
CSC’s full corporate responsibility report and more details on these initiatives are available online. For more information about CSC’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit http://www.csc.com/cr.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 96,000 employees and reported revenue of $15.8 billion for the 12 months ended June 29, 2012. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.csc.com.