CSC Reports Annual Corporate Responsibility Achievements
News Release -- September 29, 2011
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Sept. 29 – CSC (NYSE: CSC) has released its annual corporate responsibility (CR) report, detailing the company’s significant progress in building a transparent, sustainable business. The report outlines how the company has advanced its client partnerships, business and community impact, employee development and environmental sustainability.
“Our theme this year highlights the fundamental impact our 93,000 employees have in advancing CSC’s business and mission,” said CSC Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Michael W. Laphen. “Our progress this year was a direct result of the global collaboration happening both internally and with our clients as we address their sustainability drivers.”
CSC defines its CR approach using five focus areas: Clients and Partners, Employees, Community, Governance and Environment. The new report highlights:
- Enhanced client collaboration to improve communities and CSC’s environmental footprint
- Employee diversity efforts led by CSC’s new chief diversity officer
- Strategic community engagement that brings global resources to local needs
- For the second year in a row, independent recognition and awards from CR organizations and respected business magazines like FTSE4Good and Forbes, validating CSC as a well-managed, responsible company
- Environmental sustainability progress that now includes a global submission to the Carbon Disclosure Project
A copy of the full corporate responsibility report and more details on these initiatives are available online at http://www.csc.com/csc_corporate_responsibility_report_2011. For more information about CSC’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit http://www.csc.com/cr.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 93,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.2 billion for the 12 months ended July 1, 2011. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.csc.com.