CSC Reports Annual Corporate Responsibility Achievements
News Release -- November 08, 2010
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Nov. 8 – CSC (NYSE: CSC) has released its annual corporate responsibility (CR) report, highlighting the company’s global commitment to sustainability. The report shows CR progress on several fronts, including client partnerships and sustainability, increasing shareholder value and business performance, engaging local communities, supporting employee development and lowering operating costs and minimizing environmental impact through Green initiatives.
"Achieving the right balance between business and sustainability requires us to think about how we support our clients, treat our employees, engage in our communities and impact our environment," said CSC Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Michael W. Laphen. "Our progress this year was a direct result of our dedicated employees investing their time and efforts, focused company-wide environmental and sustainability initiatives, and valuable client collaborations that resulted in innovative offerings."
CSC defines its corporate responsibility approach using five focus areas: Clients and Partners, Employees, Community, Governance and Environment. The report and CSC’s ongoing CR efforts highlight:
- Valuable client collaborations that resulted in unique offerings that addressed critical issues like climate change research, green supply optimization and cost-effective compliance programs that meet regulatory standards.
- Employee development through training, education and diversity awareness, including recognition by ASTD Best for innovative employee talent and development programs.
- A strong global presence and investment in our local communities that supports our strategic objectives for growth and employee well-being.
- Independent recognition and awards from corporate responsibility and respected business magazines like FTSE4Good and Forbes, validating CSC as a well managed, responsible company.
- Implementation of internal solutions that reduce the effect of our IT infrastructure on our carbon footprint.
A copy of the full corporate responsibility report and more details on these initiatives is available online at http://www.csc.com/CRreport. For more information about CSC’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit http://www.csc.com/cr.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled solutions and services through three primary lines of business. These include Business Solutions and Services, the Managed Services Sector and the North American Public Sector. CSC's advanced capabilities include systems design and integration, information technology and business process outsourcing, applications software development, Web and application hosting, mission support and management consulting. The company has been recognized as a leader in the industry, including being named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for Information Technology Services (2010). Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 95,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.2 billion for the 12 months ended July 2, 2010. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com.