CSC to Discuss the Impact of Changes in IT Services Marketplace
News Release -- October 06, 2010
“Global Vision Series 2010” Addresses How Cloud Computing Enables Businesses to Become “Future Ready”
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Oct. 6 – CSC announced today a series of events to be held in Washington D.C., Detroit, Houston, Boston and London to engage information technology (IT) business leaders in a discussion about leveraging the cloud to transform business processes and drive greater agility, innovation, and cost-efficiency. Each event is designed to generate a dialogue on how cloud computing is changing the IT services in applications, infrastructure and cybersecurity.
WHAT: In the boundless world created by cloud computing technology, confidence in the security of IT environments is essential, and the enterprise must be ready to adopt approaches that:
• Optimize around the business, workloads and processes
• Support contemporary workstyles
• Accelerate change
• Reduce capital expenditure
• Consider the total cost of IT operations rather than unit costs of components
WHO: CSC executives and industry applications experts speaking at each event include:
• Nick Wilkinson, president, Market and Product Strategy – Setting the challenge that the market faces and how CSC is addressing it
• John Zeberlein, director, Cloud Computing, Public Sector – Developments in cloud technologies and how they can be leveraged to support refactored applications
• Andy Purdy, chief strategist, Cybersecurity – Making the total IT environment secure
WHEN AND WHERE:
• Washington D.C. – October 6: W Hotel Washington D.C., 515 15th Street NW
• London – October 19: The Gherkin on St. Mary’s Axe
• Detroit – October 20: Townsend Hotel, 100 Townsend Ave, Birmingham, MI
• Houston – October 27: InterContinental Houston, 2222 West Loop South
• Boston – November 3: Celtics Garden Suite, 100 Legends Way
In addition to the Global Vision Series 2010, CSC is a platinum sponsor of the Global Sourcing Forum held at the Marriott Marquis Times Square in New York, October 13-14.
For more information about CSC’s Global Vision Series visit: http://www.csc.com/global_vision_2010
Follow Global Vision Series news on Twitter at #CSCNews
Editor’s note: CSC executives and select attendees will be available for interviews post event. Please contact Joel Shadle for more information at 703-906-2645.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled solutions and services through three primary lines of business. These include Business Solutions & Services, the Managed Services Sector and the North American Public Sector. CSC’s advanced capabilities include system design and integration, information technology and business process outsourcing, applications software development, Web and application hosting, mission support and management consulting. The company has been recognized as a leader in the industry, including being named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for Information Technology Services (2010). Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 95,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.2 billion for the 12 months ended July 2, 2010. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.csc.com.