CSC Announces CloudExchange Email and Collaboration Solution
News Release -- June 14, 2010
FALLS CHURCH, Va., June 14 – CSC (NYSE: CSC) today announced availability of CloudExchange, a new cloud solution for email and collaboration that features Microsoft Exchange 2010 as-a-service, and includes planning, migration, provisioning and ongoing service-level management. CloudExchange provides for large-scale email services, including instant messaging and video, and collaboration services, including calendar, document sharing and spreadsheets.
CloudExchange accommodates the mobile workforce, enabling employees anywhere to work together to complete a presentation, proposal or contract in real-time while holding a video chat. By using the solution, clients benefit from industry-leading service levels, reduced administrative overhead, and improved collaboration, increasing productivity and lowering costs.
“In today’s global and technologically advanced marketplace, large organizations are recognizing the need for workplace collaboration,” said Siki Giunta, vice president, cloud computing services and software, CSC. “Advancements in the cloud are enabling global performance improvements. CSC’s cloud email and collaboration services are engineered to the highest standards of service levels and reduce complexity, overhead and expense.”
As with all CSC Trusted Cloud Solutions, CloudExchange uses CSC’s Business-First approach to planning and deployment, ensuring that the move to virtual mail and collaboration services will deliver all planned benefits to the business.
The SaaS delivery model enables CSC to sell and deploy the email migration solutions to organizations directly or via independent software vendors (ISVs) capitalizing on rapidly growing demand for service-based licensing and delivery models.
Benefits of CSC CloudExchange:
- Increased productivity and efficiency of knowledge workers
- Effective decision making and problem resolution enabled by anytime, anywhere access to important mail and documents
- Ability to make changes that will accelerate the business and take out unnecessary cost
Features of CSC CloudExchange:
- Broad Network Access – Mail applications are available globally over the network and accessed through standard browser-based devices.
- On-Demand Self-Service – Client teams can unilaterally provision computing capabilities, such as server time and network storage, as needed automatically to aid your collaboration efforts seamlessly.
- Rapid Elasticity – Capabilities can be rapidly and elastically provisioned, to quickly scale up and down as needed. No need to grow collaboration teams on the fly, or pay for extra capacity to meet peak demand.
- Resource Pooling – In the cloud, resources are pooled to serve multiple users and dynamically assigned and reassigned according to demand, giving teams location independence while reducing complexity, overhead and expense.
To view a video perspective from Siki Giunta, vice president of CSC’s cloud computing and software services, around the importance of this announcement, please visit www.csc.com/cloudroadmap.
For more information about CSC’s cloud services, please visit www.csc.com/cloud.
For insights, resources and community interaction on cloud topics, visit www.trustedcloudservices.com.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology enabled solutions and services through three primary lines of business. These include Business Solutions and Services, the Managed Services Sector and the North American Public Sector. CSC’s advanced capabilities include system design and integration, information technology and business process outsourcing, applications software development, Web and application hosting, mission support and management consulting. The company has been recognized as a leader in the industry, including being named by FORTUNE Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies for Information Technology Services (2010). Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 94,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.1 billion for the 12 months ended April 2, 2010. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.csc.com.