CSC REPORTS ANNUAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY ACHIEVEMENTS
News Release -- October 19, 2009
FALLS CHURCH, Va., Oct. 19 -- CSC (NYSE: CSC) has released its annual corporate responsibility report, highlighting the company's global commitment to sustainability. The report outlines sustainability efforts obtained through delivering superior services to customers, increasing shareholder value, providing an unsurpassed working environment, optimizing finite resources, lowering operating costs and minimizing environmental impact through Green initiatives.
"Our work with our clients presents us with extraordinary opportunities not only to help them succeed in the marketplace, but also for them and for us to make a positive impact on the world," says Michael W. Laphen, CSC chairman, president and chief executive officer. "It is our duty to ensure that our work contributes to the sustainability of all - of CSC, of our customers and of the world in which we live."
CSC defines its Corporate Responsibility approach using five focus areas: Clients, Employees, Community, Governance and Environment. Highlights of CSC's corporate responsibility report and ongoing CR efforts include:
- Clients - CSC promoted Green supply chain initiatives to collaborators and ensured that the solutions and services provided by CSC contribute to their sustainability.
- Employees - CSC has been named a four-time ASTD BEST award winner for excellence in employee learning and development.
- Community - CSC supported communities worldwide by volunteering both time and talent.
- Governance - CSC developed the GreenWay Board, a forum created to share Green activities around the world.
- Environment - CSC took steps to ensure a sustainable environment, including refuse management, IT equipment reuse and recycling programs, and energy conservation.
A copy of the full corporate responsibility report and more details on these initiatives is available online at http://assets1.csc.com/cr/downloads/0428_CorpRespons_Bro_v16.pdf. For more information about CSC's commitment to corporate responsibility, visit http://www.csc.com/cr.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled solutions and services through three primary lines of business. These include Business Solutions and Services, the Managed Services Sector and the North American Public Sector. CSC's advanced capabilities include systems design and integration, information technology and business process outsourcing, applications software development, Web and application hosting, mission support and management consulting. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 92,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.2 billion for the 12 months ended July 3, 2009. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.csc.com.