Mobility Orchestration Platform
Deploy apps faster, reduce costs and centralize all aspects of applications.
Developers and mobility program managers are looking to cloud-based services and faster DevOps practices, but many organizations lack full visibility across the enterprise, including insights on costs, application usage and device management. Finding skilled staff to manage this dynamic mobile environment and to secure the data is an ongoing challenge, which ultimately slows the pace of development and hampers innovation.
CSC’s Mobility Orchestration Platform centralizes the management of apps, devices and back-end infrastructure on a single platform, enabling organizations to control the end-to-end process for developing and enhancing digital applications. Through a common set of built-in services, Mobility Orchestration Platform supports rapid deployment of apps and greater visibility for managing mobility programs.
The platform improves decision making by equipping organizations with a wealth of real-time information on devices, application usage, mobility program costs and compliance with corporate policies. It provides business managers with critical information about operations, employees and customers, and it supports the continuous enhancement by providing development teams with data on user feedback as well as utilization of individual functions in each application.
With pricing based on usage, Mobility Orchestration Platform helps organizations avoid large up-front costs and reduce risks associated with new initiatives. And it ensures all mobile initiatives throughout the enterprise are compatible, integrated and reusable.
EASILY INTEGRATE APPLICATIONS WITH BACK-END SYSTEMS
You can easily configure the platform to support many different roles of users, including system administrators, mobile device managers and business managers. An extensive library of static and animated native and Web widgets enables you to optimize the user interface and the information being displayed – to help users work as efficiently as possible and restrict access to secure or sensitive data.
CSC’s AppFactory services will help you:
- Discover all available services and business objects within enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle, IBM and others
- Map back-end fields directly into your app
- Test connections immediately for data accuracy
- Define custom Web service fields specific to your app
POWERFUL VISIBILITY AND CONTROL
The platform comes pre-integrated with adapters to leading tools including IBM MobileFirst for application development, AirWatch for device and application management and IBM MQA for quality assurance. Mobility Orchestration Platform also supports other client development tools, giving you the flexibility to configure the platform based on your organization’s preferences.
Centralizing these tools on a single platform, supported by CSC, gives your organization powerful visibility and control over devices, users and digital applications, both inside and outside your enterprise.
Administrators and business managers get a comprehensive set of graphic dashboards, data filters and control features for managing digital application programs:
- Device Management. View all registered devices running your applications, including smartphones, tablets and PCs. Dashboards provide an overall view of the types of devices, operating systems, utilization and compliance with passwords, encryption requirements and other policies. For lost or stolen devices, administrators can drill down into individual devices to see when and where the device was last used, request a backup, lock the device or wipe the data from it.
- Business Management. View business and operations data related to customers, employees and partners using your applications. Mobile purchases, form submissions, location and other user data can be displayed in the platform to give business managers immediate access to information about products and services, customer preferences, sales trends, operational efficiency, supply chain and logistics schedules, and more.
- User Notification. Send messages to all devices, as well as individual users, with announcements and reminders about updates and security policies.
- Application Management. Manage all applications in one place, track the performance of individual functions of applications, designate apps for public or private deployment and control app usage by disabling or temporarily suspending them.
- Service and Cost Management. Centralize access and quickly deploy software and servers, and get a consolidated view of licensing costs by application, or across the portfolio to see how resources are being spent each month.
GAIN NEW INSIGHT FROM YOUR APPLICATIONS
You can manage detailed data about devices and applications and how they’re being used in the field. Administrators can use adapters to track individual functions of each application, how often they’re being used, and whether they’re being used as native or Web-based applications.
Additionally, you can track the number of device sessions, adapter sessions and server activity across the applications. For public apps, information can also be filtered by each device’s operating environment, including ratings and user reviews from public app stores to provide developers with immediate feedback on applications.
This detailed information gives portfolio managers and developers valuable metrics for future application development and spending priorities. Combined with faster iteration, greater reuse and DevOps in the cloud processes, Mobility Orchestration Platform provides the foundation for more innovative applications and a better customer experience.
ONGOING SUPPORT FROM AN INDUSTRY LEADER
Mobility Orchestration Platform is built on a mobile reference architecture that has been adapted by CSC to serve as the mobility backbone for numerous industry-specific applications. CSC combines its deep knowledge of industries including healthcare, insurance, retail, transportation and manufacturing with expertise in next-generation applications, cloud infrastructure and analytics to help clients rapidly address business needs.
As your program faces emerging challenges such as Internet of Things systems and social media integration, the platform will provide a solid foundation for supporting these technologies. Mobility Orchestration Platform not only speeds the deployment of new applications, but it also enables your organization to influence both employees and customers as you implement your vision for digital applications.
For more information, contact us.