Location & Machine Services and Real Time Monitoring
The use of increasingly sophisticated embedded sensors in everything from smartphones and vehicles to buildings means that we expect even more on-demand connectivity and access to information and control. But real-time monitoring can’t
be achieved simply by investing in more IT or implementing new policies and procedures. That requires a more detailed understanding of how conditions in the unpredictable and uncontrollable physical world affect enterprise functions.
CSC OmniLocation Solution Suite:
- Increases the visibility of available physical assets and human resources
- Identifies areas of business flow that can be optimized
CSC OmniLocation helps your organization resolve business problems that require real-time tracking of the location and real time status of their extended resources: people, assets, machines and infrastructure. OmniLocation provides enterprise visualization by using real-time status, condition, context and association of objects in a digital globe.
OmniLocation combines an 80/20 mix of commercial off-the-shelf solutions and customized applications. It is built using open source components, is highly customizable, and uses Web-based application development middleware to provide a fast development cycle and a quick return on investment.
- OmniLocation® Enterprise Visibility offers a global view of an organization, linking operations, IT, and planning and accountability systems.
- OmniLocation® Plant and Facility helps integrate machine-to-machine technologies and provides business analytics for better decision making.
- OmniLocation® Mapping Service is an environmental mapping and information-layering tool for analysis and transportation planning.
- OmniLocation® Schedule and Routing Engine optimizes an existing schedule by feeding the data via a Web service and updating the data on the out message, along with the data necessary for OmniLocation Mapping Service to update the view.