Orchestrated Manufacturing: Supply Chain
Use the Internet of Things (IoT) to Improve Your Supply Chain
MOVING THE SUPPLY CHAIN TO INDUSTRY 4.0
Manufacturers must rely on increasingly globalized supply chains as they look for ways to expand their presence in new geographies and markets. In addition to optimizing supply chains for cost, quality and efficiency, manufacturers need more than just visibility – they need real-time integration.
By orchestrating production and supply chain systems, manufacturers can gain the ability to digitally adjust production processes to meet the dynamic shifts in consumer demand – or respond to catastrophic breaks in the supply chain. In the Move phase of Orchestrated Manufacturing, organizations can:
- Meet changing customer expectations. Improve your supply partner relationships and provide customers with real-time visibility into their order status. These capabilities can help your organization meet growing customer demands for rapid delivery and more customized products and improve the overall customer experience.
- Enable real-time supply chain integration. Real-time integration between supply chain and production systems can enable your organization to quickly respond to disruptions and digitally adjust production processes, automatically alert maintenance personnel about major equipment breaks and notify production managers of potential impacts to schedules. Real-time supply chain integration increases the accuracy of your demand-planning process and decreases inventory.
- Improve location mapping and logistics. Take better advantage of location mapping and logistics technologies to track assets, locate people, monitor operations, remotely visualize complex or extended infrastructure and optimize service support. It will increase the effectiveness of your sales force to sell complex solution bundles.
- Rapidly expand into new geographies. Roll out infrastructure and applications with cloud-based, Platform- and Software as a Service to rapidly implement systems and lower development costs.
CSC has developed a suite of solutions to help you Move things better:
Supply Chain Optimization Services
Our High-Impact Supply Chain Assessment and Analysis will baseline your current performance, develop scenarios for future cost savings and revenue growth, and produce a high-level roadmap to your organization’s business goals.
CSC’s Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) consulting services help manufacturers evaluate potential purchasing savings, rationalize the supplier base, improve purchasing process transparency, and measure performance. SRM consulting covers performance assessment, strategy and roadmap, solution design, development and deployment, and selection of best-fit transaction-based tools.
OmniLocation Enterprise Visibility
OmniLocation® Enterprise Visibility software builds real-time workflow analytics and situational-awareness applications that help manufacturers keep track of location, condition and availability of assets as well as people. It improves employee safety, infrastructure security and operational efficiency.
CSC’s Visual Risk Mapping solution analyzes, reports and helps visualize risks from natural and manmade events that could impact logistics of manufacture and distribution.
OmniLocation Mapping Service
CSC’s OmniLocation® Mapping Service provides a browser-based environmental mapping and information-layering tool for business analysis and transportation planning.
CSC provides complete flexibility of geographic or architectural data sources, update ability, I/O ports, user access, hosting options, delivery methods and support alternatives, without compromising accuracy, clarity or usability.
OmniLocation Schedule and Routing Engine
CSC’s OmniLocation® Schedule and Routing Engine optimizes an existing schedule by feeding the data via a Web service and updating the data on the out message, along with the data necessary for OmniLocation Mapping Service to update the view.
Operations managers can create a schedule by selecting the resource, visit and transportation information, and the system will schedule the task and choose the route.
CSC's FuturEdge for Modernization is a suite of software and services that leverages innovations in cloud, mobility, cyber, social and analytics to modernize business and technical environments and manage application portfolios.
The six components of FuturEdge for Modernization include:
- Application Transformation Accelerator
- Portfolio Rationalization Services
- Migration Services
- Re-Engineering Services
- Development Services
- Management and Broker Services.
Cloud IU for SAP
CSC Cloud IU™ for SAP is a managed infrastructure utility that delivers a pay-as-you-go, managed cloud infrastructure tailored for SAP production, development and test environments. It lowers costs and speeds execution by 30 percent or more. Other benefits include:
- Reduced cycle time for SAP deployment, add-on and refresh
- Expansion and contraction of resources as required
- Seamless migration between staging and production
- Elimination of IT capital and lead times
- Reduced cost to deploy and manage
- Refocusing of IT staff on business value versus ongoing operations.
CSC Agility Platform
With Agility Platform, CSC delivers all-in-one hybrid cloud management as a service. This simplifies your management, governance and deployment of enterprise applications to public, private and hybrid cloud environments.