CSC Master / Bachelor Thesis Nomination
News Article -- May 20, 2015
Computer Science Corporation is a global leader of next-generation information technology (IT) in USA that provides IT services on a global scale and operates worldwide with its branch CSC Baltic, JSC in Lithuania. CSC Baltic continues its tradition to announce CSC Master / Bachelor Thesis Nomination contest and is calling all Master / Bachelor graduate students to participate in it.
What is it?
CSC Master / Bachelor Thesis Nomination is a contest for Master and Bachelor degree graduate students, year 2014-2015. CSC does not require graduates to prepare their theses under specific topics. The purpose of this contest is to recognize distinguished scholarly achievement.
In order to participate in this contest, students have to be graduates of the following study courses: IT, Business Management.
This is the result of long-term mutual partnerships, thus only students from Vilnius University, Kaunas University of Technology, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University and Vilnius College can participate.
1. Nominee has to submit his / her application before 24 May, 2015 via e-mail LT_universities@csc.com
2. Application consists of the following materials to be submitted electronically (in English) and combined into a single document, MS Word or PDF format (no hard copy submissions will be accepted), in the following order:
2.1. Cover letter from the Chair of Department / Faculty / Institute or Graduate Program Coordinator that includes the following information:
2.1.1. Nominee’s full name;
2.1.2. Discipline of studies.
2.2. Summary prepared by a student (1,000 – 1,500 words). Summary has to be written in a non-technical English language describing the research and its significance for a general academic audience of non-specialists.
2.3. Recommendation letter from the head of department or professor or a group leader confirming that the candidate chosen is one of the best in his / her class.
2.4. Student nominee's CV has to be prepared CV has to be prepared according to this form.
3. Award committee of CSC representatives will select three best applications based on the following:
3.1. Originality (30 percent).
3.2. Significance of the study as described in a non-technical language (30 percent).
3.3. Overall quality (20 percent).
3.4. Presentation of the thesis, presentation skills (20 percent).
4. Three finalists will be asked to provide one complete hard copy of the thesis. Theses can be written in Lithuanian, English languages.
5. CSC award committee will attend Master / Bachelor thesis defence and after evaluation will select a winner. Winner will be awarded with CSC prizes during University Graduation Ceremony.
For more information please contact CSC team via e-mail: LT_universities@csc.com.