RIM in the Cloud
As companies move away from internally driven technology development and toward collaboration, partnership and mobility, CSC’s RIM in the Cloud models offer viable alternatives to traditional implementations.
As companies move away from internally driven technology development and toward collaboration, partnership and mobility, CSC’s Life Sciences in the Cloud models offer viable alternatives to traditional implementations.
As life sciences organizations increasingly recognize that competitive advantage lies in the application of their intellectual property — and not in the systems that hold information — more companies are redirecting their efforts and investments into core functions and not into costly, on-premises system implementations and management.
Leveraging our leading capabilities in cloud-based systems and our deep domain expertise in life sciences, CSC offers our clients flexible managed-solution options for implementing CSC’s market-leading suite of software, as well as non-CSC products. CSC’s Life Sciences in the Cloud managed solutions provide companies with the means to rapidly and cost-effectively deploy applications in CSC’s suite. Beyond the benefits of affordable cost and ease of implementation, software deployed via CSC’s service model gives organizations a common infrastructure so they can become more connected — both across their enterprises and externally. They are thereby able to collaborate with a broad spectrum of global partners and remove the complexity and the time associated with information sharing. The ability to share information broadly — without the barriers of technology — is crucial as organizations become more collaborative.
Today’s changing dynamics around how information gets used — and more importantly, reused — is making cloud-based managed solutions feasible for various life sciences functions. Our Life Sciences in the Cloud offering models address the needs of a range of clients, and are delivered from our cloud. CSC offers three distinct cloud models:
- CSC CloudCompute® (Leverage Public Cloud) deploys leveraged resources in a highly secure, resilient environment with virtual segregation of clients and applications using SSL certification. Dedicated VPN and point-to-point connectivity are also available and dependent on client requirements.
- CSC BizCloud™ VPE (Virtual Private Cloud) delivers compute and network and point-to-point connectivity, logically segregated storage and an entire data store dedicated to a single client.
- CSC BizCloud™ (Private Cloud) uses physically segregated resources deployed from a CSC cloud data center or from the client’s environment.
CSC works together with our clients to ensure that our cloud solutions meet our clients’ corporate security policies and compliance requirements. With a long history of delivering cloud services to a broad array of commercial and government organizations that share similar perspectives on privacy, security and compliance,
CSC has developed some of the industry’s most stringent security practices. Founded on secure and transparent processes, tools and infrastructures, CSC helps ensure secure delivery of information through:
- Encryption of VPN traffic, both entering and leaving the CSC cloud
- Use of virtual LANs within the cloud to separate and protect traffic and data
- Firewalls or virtual firewalls between organizations and between virtual applications in the organization’s cloud environment
- Protection against network-based intrusions
- Active Directory integration for authentication and security policies
- Group- and role-based access control
Benefits of Working with CSC
With CSC’s Life Sciences in the Cloud models, you can:
- Increase the agility and competitiveness of processes and applications
- Improve the efficiency of IT delivery
- Transition investment risk and improve return on investment for new business solutions
- Free up capital for strategic business investment by moving to a pay-as-you-go model
- Release IT staff from mundane or routine tasks
- Get consistent delivery through CSC’s global data centers
- Access industry-leading cloud expertise
- Have a single point of contact for applications and infrastructure