Applications Modernization for Life Sciences
When it comes to cost containment and being innovative while maximizing business value, IT is a vital lever for life sciences organizations.
Unsustainable cost pressures in in global healthcare systems, combined with the underlying rise in the demand for care, mean that life sciences organizations are facing unprecedented operational challenges.
At the same time as delivering operational excellence, life sciences CIOs need to take advantage of next-generation technology to secure operational success in a rapidly changing environment.
Unprecedented Operational Challenges…
Life sciences organizations are facing unprecedented operational challenges as they react to unsustainable cost pressures in global healthcare systems, combined with rapidly rising underlying levels of demand for care.
Key trends include:
- Decreasing ability to rely on revenue streams from “blockbuster” drugs
- Increasing cost of R&D required to create viable and successful new drugs and therapies
- Growing “consumerization” of the pharmaceutical and medical device market
- Increasingly global manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Rising merger and acquisition activity and new partnerships
Mean Uprecedented Demands on Technology
Reflecting these operational challenges, life sciences CIOs are under pressure to deliver significant improvements to the services they provide, while also reducing costs.
Key imperatives include:
- Supporting business change, including mergers and acquisitions and supply chain globalization
- Improving business efficiency by simplifying the application portfolio
- Reducing business risk by moving away from legacy systems
Streamlining Operations Through Applications Modernization
Modernizing the existing IT environment is a powerful way to drive operational improvements and deliver cost savings. It is also a business necessity when facing organizational change, or supporting new industry collaboration models.
CSC’s Applications Modernization Services helps you transform your business and technical environments, typically reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) by between 20% and 30%. This is largely by eliminating obsolete applications, infrastructure and databases.
Long-term competitive advantage will be driven by the adoption of technologies that enable social, mobile and interoperable approaches to service delivery.
CSC’s blueprint for the next generation of IT is the Service-Enabled Enterprise. This supports transformation from an existing IT environment of local data centers, work-group servers and mainframes, to a secure and flexible combination of traditional and elastic infrastructure.
Join other organizations that are benefiting from next generation life sciences IT. Contact us today to learn more.