CSC Distinguished Engineers and Distinguished Architects Provide Technology Leadership
CSC recognizes, empowers and celebrates the incredible achievements of its technical community with lifetime CSC appointments as Distinguished Engineers (DEs) and Distinguished Architects (DAs). We recently announced our new DEs and DAs for 2017.
Every organization needs a set of ‘go to’ people that can be leaned on to provide leadership and deep expertise in various technology areas," says Rich Herald, who was recognized as a DE in 2014. "CSC's Distinguished Engineer and Architect programs deliver this know-how to both the company and our customers.”
Members of this elite group share a common goal: to drive greater innovation into CSC’s technical offerings and internal systems, with a focus on cross-functional technical leadership.
“The digital imperative is absolutely critical for businesses,” says CTO Dan Hushon. “It is forcing companies to rethink their operating models, processes and systems. As IT continues to evolve and be ever more core to the business and our clients’ success, the need for proven experts is essential.”
The DE team defines itself as “a team whose sole purpose is to create an environment where creative and innovative technical solutions may thrive. We strive to succeed by failing fast and delivering often. No idea is out of bounds, no mission is too complex. Innovation is the game, dreaming and delivering what others ignore, succeeding where others fail.”
Individuals are selected as DEs because they are:
- Recognized: DEs are recognized within CSC and in the broader industry for published contributions, awards and outstanding engineering designs that solve industry-wide problems for clients.
- Expert: DEs are respected technical domain experts, trusted advisors, and effective leaders and mentors recognized across the company and externally.
- Impactful: DEs are articulate communicators of complex technical subjects whose daily work directly influences the performance of their business units and the rest of CSC as well as its clients.
DAs are our most accomplished IT architects. They receive the designation because they demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of architecture methodology and design patterns
- Broad knowledge across multiple business and technology domains
- Systems-centered thought processes and management of tradeoffs between functional design and system-level requirements
- Consistent application of existing and emerging technologies and the use of both modern and historic integration techniques
- Ability to contribute at individual and team-leader levels on projects that yield outstanding achievements in advanced system architecture
Creating and Shaping Technology Solutions
The ability to create and shape technology solutions that transform our clients’ businesses is at the heart of CSC's success. Our DEs and DAs lead in this effort. They are proven thought leaders, advisors and mentors in their areas of expertise. Their influence and participation with CSC teams, clients, partners, and industry and academic communities make a significant impact on our business, our clients and our industry.