Operational Service Management
Operational Service Management is a cornerstone capability for managing the quality of IT and Business services and their outcomes.
Using established and proven service management capabilities, CSC can help reduce your downtime and proactively decrease the number of logged incidents, while supporting your business growth. CSC Operational Service Management (OSM) is a flexible, scalable ITIL-aligned solution powered by multi-disciplinary, ITIL-qualified professionals. The service is lean, focused and interlocked with your business objectives, allowing you to concentrate on your business tasks while CSC concentrates on the details.
What Is It?
CSC Operational Service Management enables IT to realize the full value of IT services investments and deliver this value to its business customers. OSM provides the "engine room" that drives outcomes focused on the quality and consistency needed to deliver IT services to agreed upon service levels. Because CSC manages incident and change activity, the solution helps minimize the business impact of service disruptions. OSM ensures that the planned benefits of change activity are realized with minimum risk, mandated controls and proper authorization.
Core "engine room" processes include:
- Incident management with CSC's global, follow-the-sun major incident management (MIM) capability
- Proactive and reactive problem management
- Service level management with CSC's unique daily service reviews (DSRs)
Optional "engine room" processes include:
- Capacity management with capacity reporting and formalized capacity planning
- Availability management with outage minimization
- Release and deployment management incorporating release planning and deployment planning
How Does It Work?
OSM delivers value by using a world-class, integrated approach to people, processes and tools:
- Balance of cost and experience; rightshore and local resources
- CSC’s Global Service Management Center of Excellence
- Global major incident management capability
- Leveraged delivery teams
- Standardized, integrated process deployment across CSC’s global delivery
- Common framework for operational integration across services and service providers
- System optimized for throughput and outcomes
- Real-time process execution monitoring and control
- Quality management systems and continuous improvement program
- Global ISO/IEC 20000 accredited processes
- Strong relationship with other offerings to augment service delivery capability
- Standard leveraged integrated service management toolset
- Single-pane-of-glass approach supporting leveraged delivery teams
- Standardized technical integrations with other tools and systems, including customer service management tools and peer supplier tools
- Use of optimization to deliver capability
Download the Operational Service Management (PDF) brochure.