SAP Outsourcing: CSC Provides Integrated Industry Specific SAP Solution for a Wastewater Management Company
Client:One of the leading providers of water and wastewater services.
- The client wanted to meet the changing business needs with the current SAP R/3 system at lower cost.
- CSC with its team in India has been supporting SAP R/3 objects Forms Reports Interfaces Conversions and Enhancements (FRICE). The team is well integrated in the implementation of SAP –ISU module for the client to meet industry specific business needs.
- The entire SAP R/3 production system support work has been successfully delivered from India at low cost. Being the first utility work done from India, the client is satisfied with the service levels delivered.
A leading wastewater management company approached CSC to streamline collaboration and manage complete end-to-end business processes through seamless systems integration. The client wanted an integrated management approach to the construction and operation of its management systems.
CSC partnered with the client in an outsourcing agreement where CSC supports a broad range of client’s IT services including the provision and future upgrading of its IT infrastructure. CSC also implements services that drive the development of key business initiatives such as Customer Billing, Operational Management Centre and Geographical Information Systems. However, the client needed an industry-specific solution that caters to its special demands and is seamlessly integrated with the components of standard SAP.
CSC leveraged its results-driven SAP capabilities from India in providing SAP R/3 support to the client for the past one year. This has helped the client benefit with faster procurement cycles, lower purchasing costs and higher supply chain productivity. The India team has also been involved in the implementation of industry specific solution - SAP ISU for the company.
- Meet the changing business needs with the current SAP R/3 system at lower cost
- Lack of operational efficiency with thousands of disparate legacy systems
- Systems not designed to service as a single unit and meet industry specific requirements
Combining the best in functionality, business and technical expertise, CSC India has been providing SAP implementation and R/3 upgrade support to a variety of clients worldwide.
In April 2006, the entire SAP R/3 support for the client was transitioned to India. Remote knowledge transfer was initiated from India to save the extra time. Apart from CSC’s expertise and experience, internal movement of resources, effective utilisation of available bench and internal trainings on modules like Asset lifecycle Management (ALM) and Mobile Asset Management for Utilities (MAU) helped the India team meet the above challenges.
Currently, the India team is providing complete SAP R/3 support to the client. In addition to handling all severity 1 (with turnaround time of 2 hours) and severity 2 (with turnaround time of 4 hours) calls, the team is carrying out major enhancements and configuration changes from offshore. The production support is provided by a single dispatcher unlike two full-time dispatchers earlier.
Since the work has been migrated to India, the volume of change requests for the SAP objects (Forms Reports Interfaces Conversions and Enhancements (FRICE)) has increased. The team does an average of 200 hours of change request work from India. After this transitioning, MAU and SAP portal support also started from India. Apart from R/3 support, we are also a part of the ISU implementation project team where 10 resources are working onsite and four in India.
The Asset Lifecycle Management Expert User at the client end says, “Thanks very much for getting back to me today so promptly and advising me how to rectify this problem.” Today, the CSC India team is meeting all its service level agreements (SLAs) and is well integrated with the ISU implementation team.
Delivering Results in Limited Time
The SAP R/3 support from India delivers a highly secure, easily managed and centralised supplier hub with following benefits to the client:
- Fast procurement process
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Reduced error through automated collaboration capabilities
- Process transparency
- Quick and easy deployment