CSC Announces VMware vCloud® Datacenter Services Availability
News Release -- August 29, 2011
LAS VEGAS – Aug. 29 – Today at VMworld® 2011, CSC (NYSE: CSC) announced that its CSC CloudCompute and CSC BizCloud offerings are now recognized by VMware as fully compliant with its standards for optimizing VMware vCloud Datacenter Services, and that CSC has demonstrated leadership in utilizing the program’s suite of products for optimal cloud management. CSC first announced that it joined the VMware vCloud Datacenter Services program in February 2011 at VMware Partner Exchange 2011.
CSC CloudCompute is the company’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering built on market-leading cloud fabric, Vblock™ from VCE, and delivered from CSC Trusted Cloud Datacenters. CSC BizCloud is the private cloud, billed as-a-service from a standard rate card and ready for workloads in 10 weeks. Both offerings leverage the VMware vCloud Datacenter Services platform to provide clients a differentiated set of capabilities including:
- Consistent Service Catalog – A consistent interface and service catalog across all cloud models (public, private and hybrid) enabling rapid provisioning of cloud capacity and services.
- Manageability – The CSC Cloud is simple to use because it employs VMware vCloud Datacenter Services objects, enabling users to intelligently organize cloud services and applications.
- Secure Multi-Tenancy – CSC provides cloud users with the ability to leverage a packaged, configurable, role-based security model. Users, Groups, Departments and Administrators are set up in minutes and define the necessary permissions to perform basic operations like provisioning, modification, installing new applications or decommissioning.
- Cloud Interoperability – Employs cross-cloud standards and open APIs that facilitate efficient hybrid-cloud connections and rapid workload migration from one cloud to the next. This integration is seamless, occurs in minutes without the need to rewrite the applications.
“VMware and CSC continue to push the envelope of what capabilities organizations can realize through cloud computing, and their early success with the vCloud Datacenter program is an encouraging sign for organizations that want to move to a hybrid cloud as their IT strategy evolves,” said IDC analyst Gary Chen.
“CSC has standardized on the VMware vCloud® Datacenter Services platform because we are confident it will accelerate delivery on our promise to the market – a simple to use and easy to manage industrialized cloud for the enterprise,” said Siki Giunta, vice president, Cloud Computing and Software Services, CSC. “The enterprise market expects an industrialized cloud that enables quick adoption of new business models, provides service management on steroids, and enables a dynamic flow of workloads from private to public to hybrid clouds. Organizations want the economic benefits of standardization and are ready for a new era of licensing in the IT-as-a-service economy. The VMware vCloud Datacenter Services platform enables CSC to lead the way on both fronts.”
CloudCompute and BizCloud optimize multiple elements of the VMware vCloud Datacenter Services platform to move organizations to a scalable virtual operating environment, including:
- VMware vCloud Director™ – CSC enables a multi-tenant environment where multiple organizations securely share the same infrastructure, and constructs that provide compute, storage, networking and capacity separate from the underlying hardware.
- VMware vCloud API – CSC leverages this open platform to efficiently transfer workloads, applications and servers between cloud environments or a virtualized datacenter and the cloud. The API also enables the customer to implement their own custom automation.
- VMware vShield™ – CSC relies on these integrated security technologies to simplify application deployment and provide virtualization “aware” network protection.
“CSC engineers and business experts have created innovative IT as a Service solutions based on their fully compliant VMware vCloud® Datacenter Services,” said Dan Chu, vice president, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, VMware. “Both BizCloud on-premise solutions and CloudCompute services from CSC datacenters help enterprise and public sector IT organizations respond rapidly to the IT needs of their businesses while retaining the reliability they need for critical workloads.”
For more information about the CSC Trusted Cloud Services visit www.csc.com/cloud.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 93,000 employees and reported revenue of $16.2 billion for the 12 months ended July 1, 2011. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.csc.com.
VMware, VMware vCloud, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vShield and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.