|About EMC: EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.|
CSC and EMC Better Together
EMC and CSC collaborate on delivering new offerings around large-scale information infrastructures and next-generation data center operations.
CSC and Alliance Partnership at a Glance
- A one-stop shop for making “as a Service” a reality, with IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and Storage as a Service solutions
- Innovative and unique cloud services with flexible business models
- End-to-end capabilities in the areas of cloud computing, storage and data center consolidation, applications (including Big Data) and cybersecurity
- Big Data solutions leveraging advanced technologies, including EMC’s Greenplum for enterprise intelligence/ advanced analytics
- CSC is a leader in the VCE partner ecosystem, receiving over 15 awards, including two EMC Journey to the Cloud Partner Innovation awards in the Products and Services categories
CSC and EMC offer joint solutions focused on cloud computing, storage and data center consolidation, applications (including Big Data) and cybersecurity while making “as a Service” a reality for IT.
- Cloud Computing offerings encompass Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS):
- PaaS offerings include CSC PaaS, a platform to enable design, development, deployment and management of client applications leveraging the agility and cost-effectiveness of the cloud. CSC’s Application Cloud Enablement (ACE) Factory™ provides an automated, industrialized process for refactoring and re-hosting applications for the cloud.
- IaaS and Managed Hosting offerings feature CSC’s Infrastructure as a Service and Infrastructure Utility including CSC BizCloud™ a VMware vCloud™ Datacenter Service, the only on-premise, private cloud billed as a service and ready for workloads in 10 weeks; CSC Cloud IU™ for SAP; and CSC CloudCompute™ a VMware vCloud Datacenter Service.
- SaaS offerings include CSC CloudMail™, CSC Dynamic Desktop for VMware View™ and CSC’s Legal Solutions Suite® software.
- Storage and Data Center Consolidation. Together, EMC and CSC offer de-duplication, archiving storage and software systems for next-generation backup and recovery. Storage as a Service is a fully managed, on-demand utility service encompassing the following service options:
- CSC Storage as a Service — Store is a set of fully managed, pay-as-you-go services that provides a tiered storage system to host your primary application data. It resides within our data center or within yours, and provides your choice of dedicated or shared environments.
- CSC Storage as a Service — Recover is a fully managed, utility-style priced data backup and protection service.
- CSC Storage as a Service — Archive automatically captures, categorizes, indexes and stores emails and files so that they can easily be located and retrieved when needed, but holds them in low-cost storage when not needed.
- CSC Virtual Platform Storage -- is a fully managed pay-as you-go service with a menu of optional extras that automatically adjusts to changing business requirements and provides a better economic choice to “do it yourself” storage.
- Application Transformation. CSC provides comprehensive modular services that help clients transform and modernize their application software portfolios in ERP, CRM and SCM. Together CSC and EMC provide Big Data solutions leveraging technologies that include EMC’s Greenplum® for enterprise intelligence/advanced analytics.
- Cybersecurity. EMC and CSC extend the security of businesses by enabling extensive visibility, increased compliance, rapid response and the ability to manage vulnerabilities and cyber threats across the enterprise. The partnership provides the following services:
- CSC Elevate: Highly specialized and advanced services to address the most sophisticated and dynamic risks while ensuring enterprise agility
- CSC Extend: Services that extend beyond core functions to effectively address risk and compliance-specific priorities and ensure the most appropriate allocation of resources
- CSC Enhance: Core security functions enhanced through gains in operational efficiency and effectiveness, to establish the foundation for evolution to risk-appropriate security