NetApp offers expertise and innovation in managing data and storage, as well as in server virtualization, while CSC applies its knowledge and experience in the application of emerging technologies, and in areas such as infrastructure management, data center transformation and application life-cycle management. Through our alliance, CSC has drawn on NetApp storage solutions for many virtualization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and application initiatives. CSC manages approximately 1,250 NetApp production systems for joint clients around the world.
Watch: CSC Solutions in Action: Microsoft Solution with NetApp.
The CSC and NetApp Alliance
- Provides complete storage infrastructure and application solutions
- Targets optimized storage for cost and cash-flow benefits and business flexibility
- Offers managed service/infrastructure as delivery option
- Provides ability to scale solutions over time
- NetApp is an integral part of many CSC offerings, including CSC Dynamic Desktop, Storage as a Service (Store), and Development & Test as a Service
Today, demands on storage are growing due to technology-driven trends such as increasing mobility, the growing use of cloud computing and the rapid spread of social media. The CSC and NetApp alliance helps clients meet those demands by improving their storage economics and optimizing their use of storage.
- Dynamic Desktop is a managed service that lets clients deploy virtual desktops alongside traditional desktops — rapidly, securely and cost-effectively. This approach gives users the rich, personalized desktop environments they expect, while enabling them to work and stay connected from various locations.
- Storage as a Service-File (SaaS-File) helps clients address the data-management challenges related to scalability, availability and consolidation of Windows, Linux and UNIX file servers.
- Development/Test as a Service (DTaaS) is an enterprise-class, private cloud–based offering that helps reduce time to market by allowing developers to focus on solution compilation, free from IT infrastructure constraints.
- CSC Collaboration Solutions Powered bv Microsoft®: Complete “out of the box” solution to help clients plan, transform, migrate, and deploy Microsoft collaboration and unified communication environments.
- Dynamic Storage Assessment uses NetApp’s OnCommand management software to provide a clear, detailed analysis of a client’s storage infrastructure, including business and compliance needs, and a road map to align capability with needs.
- FASTRack™ for Teamcenter® is a turnkey product life-cycle management (PLM) infrastructure and services solution that supports greater individual and team productivity.
- CATRack™ for Enovia® is a PLM solution for companies that create complex aerospace, automotive and heavy equipment or high-technology products.
- Foundation Services for Oracle - This enterprise private cloud offering gives customers a fully integrated managed solution for rapidly provisioning Oracle® applications, databases, middleware, and infrastructure.