CSC Alliance Spotlight: Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web ServicesFor 10 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 70 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, analytics, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT) and enterprise applications from 33 Availability Zones (AZs) across 12 geographic regions in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, and Singapore. AWS services are trusted by more than a million active customers around the world -- including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies -- to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs.
CSC and Amazon Web Services (AWS) recognize that forward-thinking clients are rapidly accelerating the adoption of cloud services and seeking proven expertise to deploy and integrate AWS cloud services into their IT environment. As an AWS channel reseller and Premier Consulting Partner within the AWS Partner Network, CSC assists clients in safely and efficiently moving, modernizing, and managing application services to cloud solutions and maximizing the benefits that AWS brings to them.
CSC and Amazon Web Services Alliance At a Glance
- Helps clients securely deploy and integrate hybrid clouds with uniform standards, policy controls and governance practices
Raises an enterprises’ Digital IQ using digital transformation advisory and consultancy services
Unlocks the full benefits of running on a cloud platform using application modernization services
Performs continuing research into the overall governance, risks and security associated with the new generation of infrastructures built on clouds
Offers clients greater choice, higher value and a more complete cloud offering
Identifies and leverages innovative solutions derived from new technology, such as cybersecurity, mobility, social media and big data analytics
JOINT OFFERINGS / SOLUTIONS
The foundation of CSC services and solutions combined with the AWS platform is a CSC Global Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE) in Austin, Texas. The Global Cloud CoE helps clients flexibly and efficiently adopt agile, integrated and secure next-generation applications in the cloud.
CSC offerings on AWS include:
- CSC Big Data Platform as a Service (BDPaaS): This industrialized, fully managed environment collects and analyzes a wide variety of data sources at volume. Hosting BDPaaS on AWS provides instant scalability, ease of use and rapid application development.
- Cloud Migration Service: This managed suite of services enables rapid migration of cloud-ready workloads into the CSC Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) portfolio of services for use in the AWS cloud.
- Managed Security: Cyber Cloud Security Services are secure IaaS cloud-based solutions. The suite provides Cloud Endpoint Protection (CEP), Cloud Managed Vulnerability Assessments (CMVA), and Cloud Security Information and Event Management (CSIEM). These services are managed and monitored from CSC’s Global Risk Management Center.
- Hybrid Cloud Service: CSC has integrated AT&T Nebond and Agility to provide on-demand, secure AWS DirectConnect for clients to extend their corporate network onto the AWS cloud without the manual setup of the AWS DirectConnect services.
- Managed Services: CSC provides a wide range of fully managed enterprise software and services (Oracle, SAP, Storage, DR, line of business applications, etc.) on AWS.
- CSC Managed Public Cloud - AWS: These services enable self-service, on-demand access to public cloud resources via the CSC Agility Store, full IaaS support, and consolidated billing.
- CSC Agility Platform as a Service (PaaS): CSC Agility PaaS provides centralized management, governance and control over applications, platforms and workloads located in public, private and hybrid clouds. It’s ideal for securely accelerating migration to the AWS public cloud.
- CSC Public Cloud Gold Subscription: CSC delivers fully managed Standard Operating Environments (SOEs) for AWS for both CSC Agility PaaS and the CSC Managed Public Cloud for AWS.