CSC's experience in Finance and Shared Services enables us to design, develop and deploy shared service centers around the globe.
The Finance Shared Services Organization is one of the cornerstones of today's strategies for the redesign of finance organizations. The concept of shared services has already showed its potential when sharing IT, payroll or purchasing services. Early adopters report benefits of up to 30 percent. CSC's experience in finance and shared services has been a major advantage in further developing our Finance Shared Services capabilities with regard to:
- Optimization of FSSO operations (policies, procedures, systems & tools) in the area of finance and control — purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, capital expenditure, travel and expenses, reporting, planning and budgeting
- Integration with other business functions and systems (procurement, materials management, production, sales & distribution)
- Integration with external parties (vendors, customers, banks) and systems
- Monitoring and management of internal shared service center activities (service level agreements, pricing/ charging, key performance indicators)
To help companies design or improve Finance Shared Services concepts, we provide the following services:
- Performance audits of finance control processes (efficiency & effectiveness)
- Feasibility studies and business case development (vision and strategy)
- Organizational blueprints (processes, roles and responsibilities, management systems, IT)
- Implementations (often in combination with ERP implementations)
- Continuous improvement programs for finance & control processes — to ultimately achieve cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
To ensure a correct fit from a human and a process point of view we have also developed an Organizational Change Methodology and an FSSO Best-Practice/Reengineering toolkit.
Contact our Finance Transformation practice to discuss how CSC can assist in your journey to high performance.