Revenue to Supply Chain Linkage
We take a comprehensive, process-driven approach to operational revenue cycle improvement.
Hospital profitability and revenue is in decline and supply chain management is one of the critical links between the care and revenue cycles. Because of the dynamic nature of supply use, the risks of revenue shortfalls remain unless these links are actively maintained. Related problems include:
- Actual cost and margin cannot be calculated
- Inconsistent markup
- Duplication of items
- Inconsistency in type of items charged
- Identification of chargeable items by end users
- Inconsistency of items included in procedure charges
Charge Master Linkage Solution
Our Charge Master Linkage solution will optimize revenue capture by:
- Evaluating the item and charge master to determine benefit of linking
- Reviewing current procedure charges
- Developing data standards for item and charge master
- Identifying and eliminating processes that impact the process and cause errors
- Defining standards for consistency in the patient charge process
CDM and Item Master Linking
We take a comprehensive, process-driven approach to operational revenue cycle improvement. The newly formed change description master (CDM) structure will be characterized by:
- A functional operations structure that reduces rework and duplication of efforts related to charge master maintenance
- Elimination of current processes that impact the charge master and related errors
- Feedback loops that connect the charge master maintenance process to support cross-functional learning and early identification of charge capture problem areas
- Reconciliation of charges across all points along the revenue cycle to reduce lost charges and gaps
- Standards which increase the effectiveness of the charging practice
In addition, our consultants evaluate the potential benefits of implementing the CSC Linkage software tool to automate and maintain the linkage of the Lawson item master to the CDM.
Our industry leading healthcare practice in Lawson Software® implementations and deep experience in providing these services has allowed our healthcare clients to optimize their operations and technology investments, saving them millions of dollars.
Our integrated Enterprise Process Redesign and ERP implementation methodology is based on teaming with your leaders to quickly evaluate the current state of operation, and develop a plan to optimize Lawson technology and speed the implementation of “quick hit” savings initiatives.
Let us show how we can help you implement, optimize, or upgrade your Lawson systems, improve core business processes, identify key operating changes that can be made, and improve efficiency.