CLINICAL QUALITY SOLUTIONS AND DATABASE APPLICATIONS
Topica is a web-based framework that makes it easy to create solutions and database applications for research, quality development and documentation of patient care.
In 2014 a national bowel cancer screening program was initiated in Denmark. The entire process between citizen, general practitioner, laboratory and hospital screening wards had to be fully automated; including population selection, packing and distributing test kits, sending invitations, returning test results to citizens and booking further clinical examinations. Topica was selected and has been supporting the program ever since. With this program, cancer is discovered early and participants reduce the risk of dying by 25 percent. This is just one example of how Topica contributes to making a difference to citizens, professionals and the healthcare sector.
Suitable for a wide variety of purposes and professionals
Topica is suitable for a wide variety of purposes, including research, quality development and documentation, and groups of professionals (e.g., doctors, nurses, secretaries, health center staff, and scientists). It is also used as the underlying messaging generator in our EHR systems and controls communication between hospitals and municipalities based on national standards.
It is a versatile web-based solution, which allows organisations to share data locally, nationally and internationally – quickly and easily. Topica contains standard functionality needed and required by most clinical applications, which simplifies the process of developing specific solutions and database applications:
- Organizational administration
- User administration
- Patient and citizen administration
- Classification management
- Logging and history
Examples of solutions and database applications:
Quality and research databases
- Danish Lung Cancer Registry
- Heart surgery and cardiac examinations
- Multi trauma registration
- Prostate registration
Real time registrations of (clinical) data
- Clinical monitoring
- Treatment of chronic disease at health centers
Communication between municipality and hospital
- Rehabilitation plans
- Admission reports, discharge message
Topica is also sold as a framework in which users configure databases themselves.
- Web-based framework that simplifies data sharing locally, nationally and/or internationally
- Quick, flexible development and implementation process in close cooperation with client
- Can stand alone as a complete and independent solution or be combined with other solutions
- Created for agile development methods
- Applications are ready to go into service without the need for programmers
- Easy to modify the solution in line with changing content, output or focus within the project, organisation or the healthcare sector