Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery
CSC’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery consultancy evaluates current state and develops future state to ensure business resilience in the event of catastrophic disruption.
Organizations today need to find knowledgeable experts to help them develop a consistent and deliverable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solution that adheres to ever-changing domestic and international standards. CSC’s BC/DR Consultancy provides that capability and helps our clients develop a mature BC program that increases resiliency in the event of catastrophic disruption. Our service is performed by certified Business Continuity professionals with extensive experience in IT operations and management who can provide both technical and enterprise knowledge to each engagement.
CSC’s Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery solution portfolio includes the following six services:
We evaluate our client’s BC management program, including review and gap analysis of policy, governance, management, strategy, documentation and testing. We then provide clients with the best path forward for development of a full BC program.
We provide the cornerstone of Business Continuity planning with a Business Impact Analysis to identify mission critical business functions, recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives to meet all of our client’s business requirements.
We provide this critical first step for our clients to identify threats and vulnerabilities and determine the potential for service loss. We then determine mission impacting threats such as natural disasters (floods, hurricanes), access denial (geopolitical or labor unrest), and loss of environment component systems and communications. Our vulnerability analysis identifies potential exposures and seeks to determine best prevention methods.
We establish a variety of plans including work area recovery (known in the Federal Sector as COOP); supply chain alternate supplier plans; alternate workforce mitigation plans, and other non-IT business continuity plans. We develop the plan and educate and train all client stakeholders to verify the feasibility of the plan to sustain mission critical business functions.
Crisis Management and Emergency Response Planning
We build a crisis management program and recommend a team for the development and execution of the plan including: tool selection, process development, and validation testing. We then deliver an awareness and training program to executive management for plan readiness when implementation is needed.
We provide this service out of CSC-owned or operated data centers to include developing survivable and executable Disaster Recovery plans and the coordination and execution of repeatable disaster recovery tests to assure currency and viability of the plans. Disaster Recovery Plan development and maintenance is at the heart of the Business Continuity process and is an on-going activity that assures survivability.
- We can implement technology solutions and services to large enterprises which are architected for each customer and are driven by customer tolerances for outages and data.
- We can deliver reporting and metrics about Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery to enterprise leaders through our industry-leading Living Disaster Recovery Planning Software, helping key decision-makers understand their risk posture and the overall program effectiveness.
- Our in-house consultants can provide assessments and audits to prepare an organization for industry/regulatory certification on a variety of BC/DR industry standards.
- Our staff has industry-standard certifications, assuring the client of our expertise in service delivery and the depth of our ability to provide over 350 DR exercises globally each year with a 99.6% success rate.
- We can meet a global client's needs for critical IT coverage across multiple regions, as we have full BC/DR capabilities in the Americas, EMEA, India, Asia and Australia.