Business Risk Analysis
A critical first step for our clients to identify threats and vulnerabilities and determine the potential for service loss. Our vulnerability analysis identifies potential exposures and seeks to determine best prevention methods.
MINIMIZING RISK TO BUSINESS PROCESSES
The failure of any one of your business processes has an impact on your business. But could this outage have been avoided? What could have been done to ensure that the service had performed at an acceptable level? What is the likelihood of a failure and what is the associated impact? What is the Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption (MTPD) before your business is permanently and irreparably impacted by the disruption?
Is it possible to identify the risks that threaten business as usual, and can these risks be mitigated or managed?
CSC’s Risk Analysis (RA) services provide the expertise and knowledge to address these issues. The RA consists of a rigorous site inspection based on over 30 years of CSC experience. This RA is designed to identify the threats and vulnerabilities to your business operations and IT infrastructure that could lead to a business disruption. These threats are documented so that senior management is able to determine the most appropriate way to manage and mitigate these risks.
CSC’s approach and analysis will determine the business and IT&T requirements and interdependencies of processes and technology. Our experience and knowledge enables us to provide sound and proven risk mitigation specifically tailored for your business.
UNDERSTANDING THE BUSINESS RISK
- Should be a defined, documented and appropriate method for determining the threats and vulnerabilities to the business
- Determine the criteria for risk acceptance and identify acceptable levels of risk
- Implement appropriate risk treatment for each critical activity in accordance with its level of risk acceptance
- List the known internal and external threats that could cause disruption to the organization’s most urgent activities
- Determine a risk analysis scoring system for impacts and probabilities.
- Recommend the actions that can be taken to reduce the threat of disruption to the organization’s most urgent activities
Risk Analysis is a companion to Business Impact Analysis (BIA) in that both contribute to the development of a recovery strategy.
As the world is changing, and business processes and operations are truly globalized, the risk exposure to most organizations has silently crept up. While organizations drive out costs seeking suppliers from overseas, or by outsourcing resources to another global region, increased risk from natural disaster, catastrophic disruption and even geopolitical disturbances, can impact customers far removed from the problem. Understanding the risks to the global enterprise is more important than ever in building a resilient and adaptive organization.
Proper Risk Analysis is more vital in a globalized enterprise where customers, shareholders and stakeholders expect organizations to continue their service, or delivery of product, even under adverse operating conditions.