Identity Management Consulting
Assess your current state of identity management and evaluate the best paths forward to help meet internal and external identity management goals
As criminals become more adept at stealing identities, protecting them and effectively managing access has become increasingly challenging. Using our Foundation Builder approach, CSC identity specialists assess your current state of identity management and evaluate the best paths forward to help meet internal and external identity management goals.
Our approach enables you to successfully launch new identity management processes and establish a solid foundation to address future trends and capabilities. We evaluate the policies, standards, business processes and architecture that govern your identity services, as well as how they intersect with both traditional and emerging platforms, such as cloud, big data and mobile, and Next-Gen applications.
We focus on two areas when providing our Identity Management Consulting services:
Business Scope — We divide this area into three domains for our analysis. They include:
- Business Process Scope, which identifies the business areas that we expect will be influenced during the identity project
- Organization Scope, which identifies the people, teams and departments that will be involved in the project, as well as whether organizational change management would be in or out of scope for the project
- Location Scope, which identifies the physical locations or facilities that will be included in the analysis
Technical Scope — Our identity experts consider three domains in this area. They include:
- Application Scope, which includes specific business software applications and related activities
- Data Scope, which identifies the specific data items, structures, relationships and business rules
- Technology Scope, which involves the hardware, system software, communication components and development tools
Once complete, organizations gain a blueprint they can use to improve their overall identity and access governance posture.