CSC Charitable Foundation’s “CSC Codes”: Rules
Project submissions are governed by this global challenge ruleset. Should a team be found out of compliance to these rules, they will be disqualified.
- Teams must be comprised of 3 children
- Children may only be members of one team
- Team members must be within the ages allowed for their category as of January 1st, 2017
- Category 1: Ages 10 and 11 years old (up to 12th birthday)
- Category 2: Ages 12 and 13 years old (up to 14th birthday)
- Challenge will be issued January 9th, 2017. Registration closes January 27th 2017.
- Challengers will be given approximately 6 weeks to submit their projects. Projects are due on the designated date for the local CSC office of their participation, between March 10th – March 17th, 2017
- Copy of existing code from another person(s) is not allowed
- Sections of code must include comments to identify who contributed that code
- Offensive, racist, derogatory language/content will disqualify a project
- Any imagery or music used in the project must have appropriate permissions or rights for use (beware of copyright infringement)
- Team members must make all decisions and do all project work. This includes deciding on strategy, programming, researching, and innovating a solution as well as presenting to judges
- Team assistants (coaches, mentors, topic experts, parents, etc.) may teach team members new skills, handle logistics for the team, ask questions to get team members thinking, and remind them of the rules. Adults play an important role in coaching and supporting their team, but the team’s robot and project should be the work of team members.
- The project remains the intellectual property of the participating teams
- Winners are responsible for any tax implications associated with their prizes
- Teams agree upon submitting their project to allow CSC to publish their name, project and photographs in social media, CSC website or other communications.
- Awards or prizes are not intended to finance any future activity of awardees nor are any conditions imposed on the manner in which the money is expended.
- Awards or prizes will not be given to any individual who is related to any substantial contributor, officer, or board member or disqualified person or insider to the CSC Charitable Foundation.
- In the occurrence a judge is related to a participant, they will disqualify themselves from judging for that participant.
Please contact us for more questions.