The CSC Charitable Foundation
The CSC Charitable Foundation is a registered 501(c) charity in the United States that provides structure to our philanthropic activities, ensuring our giving aligns with our mission and values. Foundation gifts align with established focus areas and are approved by the CSC Charitable Foundation Board.
In addition to financial giving, the CSC Charitable Foundation provides opportunities for employees to participate in foundation programs as well as organize workplace volunteer efforts for the good of the community, employees and company. Our balanced, integrated approach provides for greatest impact in areas of major importance to CSC, including:
Fostering global literacy with focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) for children aging from kindergarten to college.
Health and Wellness
Enhancing people’s health and wellness at a local and global level, with a focus on veterans, the disabled, and child hunger and poverty.
Supporting emergency assistance to those in need, after a disaster or period of crisis or trauma.
Our CSC Charitable Foundation is governed and managed by a diverse group of volunteers from across CSC.
This year some of the foundation’s activities included:
- Lunch n’ Lego: FLL Mission Kit Builds … our pizza parties for charity checked a lot of boxes
- On-site volunteer opportunity
- Time commitment manageable in a work day
- Accessible, fun and non technical … yet still robotics
- Manageable event planning
- Unique relationship building opportunity for employees, clients, & partners
- Globally replicated in 80+ countries and most major cities
We partnered with First Lego Leagues (FLL) around the world to help with the setup of local FLL Robotics Tournament Mission Kits used for competitions. The initiative was a great success, engaging and connecting employees all over the world. See how we did in this infographic.
- Sponsoring a CSC and Best Buddies “Life Is Sweet Chef Showcase” that brought celebrity chef Art Smith and others to CSC corporate headquarters for a culinary tasting; this event helped us raise over $52,000 to fund vital programs that serve children and families living with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Matching $50,000 of donations by the CSC employee community to support relief efforts by the International Red Cross following Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest and most destructive tropical cyclones in history
- Holding a CSC “Employee Choice” vote during the holiday season to select two charities to each receive a $25,000 gift from CSC; employees selected Child Rights and You (CRY), which advocates for children’s educational, healthcare and other rights, and Operation Smile, which provides free surgeries to children with facial deformities
- Donating funds to support disaster relief efforts in the UK, Bosnia and India after these regions were struck with major floods
- Giving $10,000 to each winner of the CSC Sales Excellence Award to donate to a charity of their choice, resulting in grants to support cancer research, juvenile diabetes research and academic scholarships for underprivileged students.
In India, CSC worked closely with the Udayan Care charitable trust, which for 20 years has focused on empowering vulnerable children, women and youth with an array of educational and employment opportunities. As part of the organization’s Corporate Mentorship Program, underprivileged children visit the CSC Noida campus every Friday for hands-on training in computer literacy and presentation skills. For more than 10 years, CSC has supported Udayan Care and its mission of expanding opportunity for orphaned children and others in need.