Major U.S. Beverage Company Improves Forecasting Accuracy and More
Client:Major U.S. beverage company
- Improve the sharing of weekly forecasts, sales and inventory requirements with distributors
- Developed a system to distribute reports and historical data over the Internet
- Increased forecasting accuracy
- Improved distribution of forecasts and historical data
- Strengthened demand visibility and inventory management
Collaborating on a Scalable Collaboration System
With over 600 distributors, a major beverage company needed to create a better process for sharing weekly forecasts, sales and inventory requirements with its distributors.
Working closely with the client, CSC used the Internet as a tool to develop replenishment orders, plan plant capacity utilization and reduce the dependence on safety inventory that could remain in the system longer than the time to maintain freshness.
The solution provided reports and historical trend data to assist the distributors in creating more accurate forecasts. The solution utilized a scaleable architecture that can be centrally maintained and used to support the wide variety of distribution platforms in place. This interactive, collaboratively designed extranet tool allows the company and its distributors improved service levels through greater demand visibility and a more balanced inventory investment.