Bandag Optimizes Customer Service
- Develop a go-forward framework, business case and high-level implementation plan for optimizing Bandag's customer service strategy, programs and capabilities
- Assess call center customer service
- Create an Activity-Based Costing (ABC) model for all customer service departments
- Develop a Future State vision and roadmap as the final product deliverable
- Developed strategic framework to optimize customer service
- Created robust ROI analysis and business case to support key recommendations
Bandag is primarily engaged in the manufacture of procured tread rubber, equipment and supplies for retreading tires (traditional business), principally for commercial and industrial customers. BDG and its licensees have approximately 1,100 franchisees worldwide, with 31% located in the US and 69% internationally. Most of Bandag’s franchisees are independent operators of full service tire distributorships. Bandag is an NYSE-listed company and is the market leader in retreaded tires.
Going Forward with Improved Customer Service
CSC was engaged to assist Bandag in developing a go-forward framework, business case and high-level implementation plan for optimizing its customer service strategy, programs and capabilities. Customers are defined as franchise dealers and major truck fleet operators. The work included:
- Customer Service assessment including all North American call centers
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) of the Customer Service department
- Future State vision and roadmap to achieve the vision
Assessing Needs, Delivering Solutions
CSC performed a detailed assessment of customer needs and costs to provide services leading to a Strategic Framework that included eight recommendations to optimize customer service. Additionally, a robust ROI analysis and business case was created to support key recommendations.
CSC’s High Performance Contact Center Offering
CSC is committed to helping clients optimize their customer service strategies. CSC’s High Performance Contact Center offering can help organizations save 25 to 50 percent by consolidating decentralized call centers into a network of high performance contact centers.