Flowserve Focuses on Quality Customer Service
- Reconcile multiple CRM projects under one umbrella for maximum benefits
- Develop a CRM Roadmap
- Created the strategic framework that linked 15 roadmap initiatives to Flowserve’s business strategy
- Developed a robust ROI analysis and initiative schedule to support the business case
- Linked technology capabilities with the CRM and Supply Chain vision
Flowserve Corporation develops and manufactures precision-engineered flow control equipment for critical service applications where high reliability is required. The flow control system components it produces include pumps, valves and mechanical seals. The company's products and services are used in general industry, as well as in the petroleum, chemical, power generation and water treatment industries, to name a few. Flowserve is a $2.5 billion company that is listed on the NYSE and is the worldwide leader across its three product areas.
Focusing on Quality Service
Flowserve’s previous approach to managing projects had caused the company to fall short of its goals. Flowserve had identified various barriers that needed to be dealt with in order for its growth plans to succeed. Some of these barriers included:
- Lack of distinct culture
- Silo mentality across systems and departments
- Product orientation vs. end-user focus
- No track record of large-scale successful change
- Many bureaucratic barriers
- Ineffective communication processes
- Short-term focus
- Low sense of urgency for implementing change
Flowserve was already involved with numerous CRM projects and wanted to conduct a CRM roadmap that reconciled progress on all of the projects, bringing them under one umbrella for maximum benefits. The vision was to insert the focus on quality service to the customer across all Flowserve regions and departments.
Following a New Roadmap
CSC was engaged to assist Flowserve in developing a CRM Roadmap. The Roadmap included a Strategic Framework and the initiatives required to achieve the goals. A business case and schedule supported the Roadmap initiatives.
CSC was engaged to provide the integration of CRM and Supply Chain strategies and include customer segmentation. CSC employed Flowserve's Sales and Operations Planning departments and was successful in linking technology capabilities with the CRM and Supply Chain vision.
CSC provided the Strategic Framework that linked 15 Roadmap initiatives to Flowserve’s business strategy. A robust ROI analysis and initiative schedule to support the business case was developed.