BASF: High Performance Contact Center Roadmap
- Consolidate call centers
- Decrease the number of CSRs
- Improve the service and satisfaction levels and improve the overall costs per handling orders
- Design and develop a High Performance Contact Center Roadmap and Order Entry & Materials Management NAFTA Call Center Consolidation
- Enhance utilization of SAP capabilities using ‘Customer Interaction Center’ to manage the operation
- Increased the service levels from 90+% order accuracy to 96+% order accuracy
- Drove up the customer satisfaction levels on a scale ratio of 1–5 to 4.5
- Reduced costs per order from $38.60 to $26.40
BASF is the world's leading chemical company. Its vast product line comprises high-value-added chemicals, plastics, colorants and pigments, dispersions, automotive and industrial coatings, crop-protection agents, fine chemicals, oil and gas. BASF’s sales reached 32.5 billion euros in 2001, had approximately EMPLOYEES employees worldwide, and operates production facilities in 38 countries and maintains contact with customers in more than 170 nations.
Scope of Work
The focus of all the work performed included:
- 1) Assess, Discover & Design NAFTA Consolidated Call Center using CSC’s HPCC offering
2) Enhance Order Entry/Materials Management Servicing using SAP’s ‘Customer Interaction Center’
3) Establish Customer and Customer Service segmentation
4) Develop Organizational Change Model and Communication Plan
5) Link technology capabilities with CRM and Supply Chain vision
Key Business Value Drivers
- CSC brought the number of centers from 14 to 7 and brought down the total number of CSRs from 189 to 131.
- CSC enabled BASF to increase the service levels from a service level of 90+% order accuracy up to 96+% order accuracy and drove up the customer satisfaction levels on a scale ratio of 1–5 to 4.5.
- The average number of orders handled per day per CSR went from 6 to 8 up to an average of 10 to 14 across all Business Units and across all touch points.
- The costs per order went down from $38.60 per order to $26.40 per order.