Global Publishing Company Jump Starts DevOps in the Cloud with CSC Agility Platform
Client:Global Publishing Company
- Critical transition from a traditional to a digital publishing model to maintain market position
- CSC Agility Platform with private cloud to deliver on-demand, self-service platforms to development and test (DevTest) teams
- The Agility Platform DevOps Acceleration Solution enabled the company to eliminate multiple software release bottlenecks
- Dramatic reduction in provisioning time for the IT resources needed for development and testing
To remain competitive, a global publishing company undergoing a critical transition to a digital publishing model needed to accelerate the pace and frequency of new software product releases across its business units.
Agility Platform Provides a DevOps and Cloud Management Solution with Many Operational Efficiency Benefits
For the multinational publishing corporation, Agility Platform provided a DevOps and Cloud Management Solution which enables:
- Publishing a catalog of self-service “common application platforms” that allow developers to code in the platform and language of their choice, including Java, Ruby or Python
- Integrating common application platforms with development standard repositories and existing continuous integration and configuration management tools
- Establishing policies for application release automation (such as dev, test and QA) with tool chain integration across Eclipse,Jenkins and the company’s enterprise GitHub
- Setting up and managing user roles and rights within applications at the software development lifecycle (SDLC) level, demonstrating what is possible in an automated SDLC
- Promoting software releases with a drag-and-drop, graphical dashboard
Agility Platform Facilitates and Encourages Innovation
Agility Platform solution enabled the company to eliminate multiple software release bottlenecks by delivering self-service, on-demand IT resources and development platforms.
Development and QA organizations across the company are now spearheading the solution’s adoption to provide application release automation for their global project teams, allowing them to innovate at market speed..