Global Credit and Debit Card Market Leader Accelerates and Improves DevOps with CSC Agility Platform
Client:Global Leader in Credit and Debit Card Market
- Acceleration of software releases required to maintain position in fierce and evolving market
- Agility Platform enabled the design and deployment of multi-tier application environments across wide range of private and public clouds.
- Pace, frequency, quality of application releases significantly improved
- Improvement in Dev/QA/Ops team productivity and reduction in configuration-related defects
A global leader in the credit and debit card marketplace annually processes more than 60 billion financial transactions, worth over $4 trillion, across 200-plus countries. The Global Financial Services leader (“GFS”) — having previously used the CSC Agility Platform™ to provide self-service, on-demand platform and infrastructure portfolios for their private cloud — wanted to expand Agility Platform usage to encompass release automation and DevOps, so as to accelerate the pace of software releases.
Increase in Pace of Application Releases for Customer Facing Projects
GFS is in a constantly evolving, fiercely competitive industry requiring rapid innovation and quick product release cycles. The company needed to dramatically increase the pace of application releases for customer-facing projects that rely upon new, innovative features and first-mover advantage. To implement this new model, GFS asked ServiceMesh, a CSC Cloud Business, to pilot application release automation and DevOps for a rapidly changing, high-profile virtual wallet application. The objective was to implement release automation from development to operations while leveraging the application’s existing software development lifecycle (SDLC) toolchain, including the following:
- Provide application release automation across SDLC stages
- Leverage the existing toolchain without changes or replacement
- Leverage the existing private cloud and IaaS offerings, with the option to migrate to other clouds in the future
- Implement approval and promotion workflows across stages
Dev/QA/Ops Team Productivity Vastly Improved
Now, when GFS developers commit code changes for the virtual wallet application, an automated software release and promotion process significantly improves the pace and frequency of application releases, improves Dev/QA/Ops team productivity, and reduces configuration-related defects downstream. Further, Agility Platform’s cloud-agnostic blueprints enabled GFS to design and deploy complex multi-tier application environments across a wide range of private and public clouds