Asia Pacific Bank undergoes strategic IT Transformation with CSC Agility Platform
Client:Global Top 15 Asia Pacific Bank
- IT required to be more flexible and adaptable to support changing business needs
- Lack of IT cost control
- Enterprise wide implementation of CSC's Agility Platform for cloud governance, lifecycle management and migration of business applications to the new cloud-based operating environment
- 78% reduction in time-to-market for provisioning custom enterprise platforms
- 42% savings in cost of ownership of business-critical applications
- 48% increase in IT innovation investment while maintaining overall IT budget
The largest bank in its market, this Asia-Pacific institution offers a range of retail and commercial financial services, including banking, insurance, investment and brokerage services. In recent years, the bank implemented significant new product diversification initiatives as well as an aggressive acquisition program.
IT Transformation Required to Meet Growth Objectives and Fend off Global Competitors
Following a period of aggressively pursuing product diversification and geographic expansion initiatives, the Bank was running out of data center capacity to meet operating needs. In addition, it needed to bring IT costs under control at the same time as transforming the IT infrastructure to support the business and ensure that it was prepared for future developments
Significant Business Benefits Realized as Enterprise Cloud Strategy Unfolds
Prior to the bank’s IT transformation initiative, approximately half of the enterprise IT budget was consumed by IT’s “cost of doing business,” including IT infrastructure and operations, which conferred no direct strategic business advantage.
The bank has now significantly increased the business value realized per dollar spent on IT services, through increased automation, simplified operations, streamlined governance, higher internal asset utilization rates (for internal private cloud), and a variable cost resource consumption model.
The bank continues to expand their “everything-as-a-service” IT portfolio, along with expansion of their cloud provider ecosystem, improved bargaining power and contestability with vendors, increased operational efficiency, reduced time and cost for integrating acquisitions, and accelerated growth in new markets.