Global Bank reduces cost and automates support for software development with CSC Agility Platform
Client:Top 20 Global Bank
- Reduce IT costs to maintain competitive market position in wake of financial crisis
- Improve IT agility and reduce time to market for new applications and services to support the business requirements
- Cloud-based IT operating model using CSC Agility Platform to leverage private and public clouds providing pay-as-you-go access to portfolios of higher value applications platforms and services
- CSC's Agility Platform was used to provision mobile applications on demand supporting over 500 concurrent users
- Standardised development platforms now available from online self-service catalogue for hundreds of software developers across two business units
A Strategic Plan was Required to Deal with New Market Regulations and Competition
The bank’s existing model was largely based on manual approval workflows to provision bare IT infrastructure, whereas the cloud-based IT operating model would leverage private and public clouds to provide pay-as-you-go access to portfolios of higher-value applications platforms and services.
Initial Implementation Objectives
- Creating standardized offerings for software packages and operating environments, including operating systems, Web servers, application servers, database servers and associated standard configuration and security settings - Publishing self-service catalogs of standardized offerings, including complete application development platforms - Integrating with LDAP/AD authentication systems for fully governed, role based access to self-service resources - Enforcing cloud governance policies spanning provisioning constraints, host naming conventions and security zones
Agile DevTest environment and Scalable Mobile Application Delivery
The bank successfully implemented two projects with Agility Platform, with more to follow: - Mobile Application Delivery The bank’s Wealth Management business unit (BU) uses Agility Platform to provision mobile applications that financial advisors access on-the-go via their tablet or mobile device. The applications are automatically provisioned to meet fluctuating demand via scheduling policies based on time of day, in addition to on-demand provisioning via a self-service portal. These production applications currently support up to 500 concurrent financial advisors, with additional staff being onboarded. - DevTest Cloud. Hundreds of software developers and QA staff from two of the bank’s Business Units are accessing standardized development platforms directly from an online catalog in a self-service and on-demand approach. These on-demand platforms have reduced project cycle times and eliminated wait times previously incurred during manual infrastructure provisioning, platform configuration and setup.