Global Financial Services Company Supports IT Transformation with CSC Agility Platform
Client:Global financial services company
- Drive competitive advantage by running IT like a business and deliver on-demand, scalable self-service resources
- Optimize costs by fostering vendor contestability and IT resource arbitrage
- Improve global competitiveness of the current IT service portfolio
- CSC Agility Platform enabled orchestration of the on-demand provisioning of multi-tier platform and applications to the client's private cloud
- Reduced provisioning time for complete development platforms from 76 days to just 24 hours.
- Accelerated migration of workloads to the client's private cloud
Global Financial Services Company
A global leader in the credit and debit card marketplace places a priority on both its payment processing network’s innovation and growth, by offering new products such as mobile payments, virtual wallets and electronic commerce services, and on continual improvement of network performance and security.
Overall Goal to Run IT as a Business
To drive competitive advantage, GFS needed to establish several strategic objectives for its enterprise IT organization. The overall goal was to “run IT like a business,” which meant enabling greater business agility, provisioning of full cost transparency, continually improving the IT service portfolio to make it more globally competitive and optimizing costs by fostering vendor contestability and IT resource arbitrage.
Improve Times and Volumes of Data Center Workload Migrations to the Cloud
GFS realized significant business results almost immediately. Within 7 days, Agility Platform deployed multi-tier applications with multiple trust levels to the Vblock private cloud. Within 30 days, Agility Platform imported GFS’s internal golden images and assembled a range of custom platform offerings, all of which could be provisioned on-demand to the Vblock cloud. Within the second month, GFS published an initial portfolio of on-demand IaaS offerings to BU development teams in a self-service catalog, reducing provisioning time for complete development platforms from 76 days to just 24 hours. Within 6 months, GFS used the Agility Platform to accelerate integration of public and private cloud workloads from a company newly acquired by GFS, to ensure alignment with GFS governance standards, security policies and industry regulatory requirements.