CSC BizCloud | Private Cloud
Get the speed and cost benefits of public cloud with private cloud scalability, security and control.
Today’s business challenges demand next-generation infrastructure and a new delivery model. But many companies struggle to deliver needed IT agility. Extending virtualization doesn’t deliver the exponential improvements in IT efficiency required to keep your organization ahead of a rapidly changing market.
Build-Your-Own vs. a Private Cloud Service
Building a private cloud with your own capital and leading-edge technology is not only complex and costly but can lead to rapid obsolescence in the face of the IT industry’s current rate of change. Before you build a private cloud to meet security and compliance requirements, consider the alternative of buying a private cloud service instead of building your own.
CSC BizCloud™ is a private cloud billed as a service and ready for application deployment in as little as 10 weeks. Fully integrated, CSC BizCloud can be deployed anywhere in the world, installed in your data center, in one of CSC’s worldwide data centers or in a collocation facility. It combines the privacy, security and control of a private cloud with the pay-as-you-go scalability of a public cloud. Now you can deliver Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to your business without the capital investment or the long lead times typically associated with building a private cloud.
CSC BizCloud incorporates an intuitive user interface, the CSC Cloud Services Store and a self-service catalog, making it fast and easy to provision and manage resources and applications. The Cloud Services Store also supports service management requests for security scans, backup and restore, and image loading CSC. BizCloud simplifies management control by providing automated workflows for approval.
The pay-as-you-go model aligns cost with use. Granular chargeback/showback capabilities ease administration. With an Opex model, CSC BizCloud is simple to start and easy to grow — one workload at a time. It relieves your staff of the mundane operating tasks and keeps your cloud infrastructure evergreen. We provide 24x7 monitoring, maintenance and support of the infrastructure, along with service desk and data services. And you choose how much additional management support you require for each of your applications. Benefits include:
· Tailored service. We offer the choices enterprises need, matching your workloads and applications to the storage, service level and management options that are right for each application. You choose the level of CSC management support for each application — from backup to full application management. We accommodate different risk tolerances for different applications, with multiple options for disaster recovery. CSC’s tiers of storage meet the needs for the full spectrum of workloads, from development and test to high-performance transaction needs.
· Built-in Security. With CSC BizCloud deployed from your data center, you gain all the physical and network security, availability, connectivity and control you need. Security is built in, with network intrusion prevention system (NIPS) monitoring and virtual firewalls that enable segregation between departments. If you choose hosting in one of our worldwide cloud data centers, CSC’s holistic defense-in-depth security framework delivers the logical security, access control and data integrity needed to support mission-critical applications.
· Visibility and Control. Full visibility improves governance, administration and management control. You gain on-demand views into virtual machine and storage performance, security, availability and granular usage tracking for chargeback/showback needed by user, department or group.
· High Reliability. A failover mechanism in every component of CSC BizCloud helps ensure that service performance is not affected.
· Service Management Integration. CSC BizCloud simplifies management and governance processes by enabling integration with your ITIL service management processes such as ticket monitoring and configuration change management. CSC can help you integrate with legacy infrastructure and your organization’s Active Directory and LDAP for access control.
· Built-in security with NIPS monitoring and VMware vShield virtual firewalls
· Self-service catalog and storefront to
o Provision and add resources rapidly using prepopulated templates, software builds or uploaded images
o Implement automatic approval workflows
o Track and report granular billing, usage and real-time performance
Support options include:
- On- or off-premises deployment of CSC BizCloud
- Self-service or CSC management of the operating system, middleware and application
- Three service levels providing guarantees of availability: 99.5%, 99.9% and 99.95%
- Backup and restore services
- Three disaster recovery options with differing recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO); failover to remote sites
- Three storage tiers enabling cost-effective support for archive as well as high-volume transaction applications
- Integration with client organization Active Directory and LDAP CSC endpoint management options, including patch management and distribution, VM monitoring and notification, load balancing, and server farms/clusters
- Network and security management options, including antivirus, vulnerability scanning, and host-based intrusion prevention and detection systems.
Multiple cloud options for your enterprise
CSC works closely with leading vendors for cloud operating environments including VMware and OpenStack, as well as cloud platform providers VCE, Hitachi and Dell, and we have relationships with many public cloud providers including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
CSC can help you with every step of moving your enterprise to the cloud, including application modernization tools and services to transform and cloud-enable legacy systems and cloud migration services to help you cost-effectively move workloads to the cloud. CSC can also help you simplify hybrid cloud management with CSC Agility Platform™, which centralizes governance across multiple clouds and cloud providers.
CSC is one of the few service providers in the world that can manage private and hybrid cloud transition and deliver IaaS that integrates mainframe, midrange, private and public cloud into an effective whole.
Contact us to learn more about moving to the cloud.