Cloud Migration Services
Accelerate the move to public and private clouds with CSC's Migration Center of Excellence and leading tools.
A growing number of organizations are considering a move to public and hybrid clouds to increase business and IT agility, compete more effectively, and replace outdated data centers and applications. Unfortunately, migrating enterprise applications carries risks of delays, service interruptions and project failure. Many organizations don’t fully understand connectivity and performance issues and can take months or even years to decide what to move and where to move it.
To lead organizations through this journey, CSC provides a managed suite of Cloud Migration Services that employ a global Migration Center of Excellence and best-in-class technologies to thoroughly assess your options, ensure a successful migration and, if needed, manage your modernized environment.
CSC Cloud Migration Services offer a standard, repeatable methodology and reference architecture to plan and migrate applications, data, operating systems and configuration − based on your organization’s requirements. These services shorten project timelines and lower costs when migrating to public clouds or between clouds, data centers or virtual platforms.
Harness the as-a-service benefits of public clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms faster, while working with a single provider for infrastructure, migration and hybrid cloud management.
CSC is one of the few service providers in the world that can manage complex hybrid cloud transitions and deliver Infrastructure as a Service that integrates mainframe, midrange, private and public cloud into an effective whole. CSC’s services include:
- Cloud Assessment and Consulting. Assess the readiness of your portfolio and determine whether to lift-and-shift, update or completely modernize applications.
- Discovery Services. Visualize your entire IT infrastructure, uncover potential issues and opportunities, and analyze network performance in as quickly as two weeks.
- Migration Services. Rapidly migrate physical and virtual x86-based, cloud-ready workloads, and re-host applications. CSC captures, deploys and syncs workloads and performs testing and verification.
Discover opportunities and avoid risks
Successful migrations require actionable analysis. Unfortunately, to assess the current environment for cloud migration, most organizations must rely on the process of conducting interviews with their team and collecting data manually. This error-prone process can lead to delays and roadblocks for moving enterprise applications to the cloud.
CSC’s Discovery Services analyze applications and servers, and their dependencies, in order to help you identify the changes needed to reach your goals for your portfolio.
CSC uses industry-leading software by RISC Networks to automate the process of collecting data, enabling the development of a migration plan in as little as two to four weeks. This phase automates dependency mapping and layers on critical data such as network flow data, location data and more for comprehensive visualizations of your current environment.
- Design and architecture of the discovery environment
- Discovery workshops
- Installation and configuration of the discovery environment
- Discovery reports:
- Asset report
- Discovery scope
- Operating system report
- Infrastructure report
- Storage report
- Move plan
- Move groups
- Application dependencies
- Project management and plan activities
Migration made easy
Before moving to the cloud, many organizations are faced with rebuilding applications and managing long project timelines. CSC’s Migration Services offer a fast and cost-effective solution for migrating to the cloud and between cloud providers. Options include:
- Private cloud to private cloud
- Private cloud to virtual server
- Virtual server to virtual server
- Public cloud to public cloud
To automate the process with best-in-class technology, CSC uses Racemi’s industry-leading suite of migration tools, DynaCenter. Racemi, an AWS Choice Partner, underwent nine months of testing migrations to AWS and has demonstrated success in the field with numerous enterprise migrations.
CSC’s standard Migration Service includes pre-migration validation of defined workload inventory, pilot migration services, migration of a virtual or physical operating systems instance to a virtual instance in supported target clouds, and validation of successful migration and production cutover. CSC manages all event planning and coordination. Migration Services include:
- Design and architecture of the new environment
- Migration workshops
- Migration plans
- Installation and configuration
- Workload and server migration activities
- Custom core transformation component code
- Run books
- Engineering activity reports
- Project management and plan activities
For an additional cost, CSC’s Discovery Services can provide all relevant details on your workloads, or your organization can supply this information to begin the migration process.
CSC can help you migrate a single server, an entire application suite or an entire data center without needing to procure or manage additional infrastructure. Other features of Cloud Migration Services include:
- Migration of existing virtual or physical servers to any of CSC’s private or public cloud environments with integration into the cloud service catalog and store front, enabling immediate access and operation in the cloud
- No upfront capital costs and no long-term contract requirements
- Implementation of a clone migration using the “as-is” state of the server or a staged migration, enabling intermediate steps to mitigate risks created by network issues or other constraints
- Core component transformation that automates migration efforts, resulting in reduced costs and faster realization of cloud benefits
- Scheduling flexibility to enable more effective planning and execution to limit downtime.
- Simultaneous management of multiple geographic server migrations
- Migration of entire environment including the file system, permissions and attributes, as well as compression and encryption settings
Trust a leader in cloud services
CSC works closely with many public cloud providers including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft, in addition to leading vendors for cloud operating environments including VMware and OpenStack, as well as cloud platform providers VCE, Hitachi and Dell.
CSC can help you with every step of moving your enterprise to the cloud, including application modernization tools and services to transform and cloud-enable legacy systems and cloud migration services to help you cost-effectively move workloads to the cloud.
CSC can also help you simplify hybrid cloud management with CSC Agility Platform™, which centralizes governance across multiple clouds and cloud providers.
Contact us about how our proven processes, tools and global delivery capabilities can ease your move to the cloud.