CSC's Hosted Private Cloud Solutions Recognized by Everest
CSC's hosted private cloud services have been recognized as a Leader by Everest Group, a global consulting and research firm. Everest Group evaluated 16 IT service providers involved in delivering private cloud enablement services in its 2016 report,“Hosted Private Cloud Service – Market Update and PEAK Matrix™ Assessment: Protectionist Sentiments Spur Growth.”
“Private cloud deployment continues to witness increasing acceptance and traction as enterprises are looking to make their IT setups more streamlined and flexible, while at the same time adhering to various industry and geography-specific security and compliance requirements,” said Yugal Joshi, practice director, Everest Group. “CSC’s move to the ‘Leader’ position was a result of its ability to establish a highly-scaled, global business by leveraging its legacy managed hosting strengths and global data center footprint; continuing to invest in the expansion of functionalities of its core hosted private cloud platforms and partnership networks; and strengthening its global managed service capabilities.” Read more in this custom profile of CSC by Everest Group.
Everest Group noted that many companies are interested in moving to private cloud infrastructure but many face complex technical challenges and lack internal skills to solve them, which is which a growing number of firms are turning to third-party providers. CSC currently manages 22,000 virtual servers and 2 PB of storage space. According to Everest Group, CSC’s strengths include:
- End-to-end private cloud service capabilities
- Continued investments in cloud through AT&T for network services, acqusitioin of Agility Platform for hybrid cloud management and alliance partner HCL for application modernization
- Strong focus on security services
- Development of industry-specific cloud solutions
CSC is one of the few service providers in the world that can manage multi-cloud transition and deliver infrastructure as a service (IaaS) that integrates mainframe, midrange, private and public cloud along with centralized management. There are many CSC offerings for clients to choose the right cloud environment for their enterprise.
- CSC BizCloud – Implemented as a service, this private on-premise cloud requires no capital investment and is ready for workload and application deployment in just 10 weeks.
- CSC BizCloud HC – Installed in CSC data centers or in a client data center, this hyper-converged solution is a low-cost private cloud ready for application deployment in as little as 10 weeks.
- CSC Agility Platform – A consolidated platform for hybrid cloud management, governance, and security across multiple heterogeneous public and private clouds.
- BizCloud VPE – Addresses multi-tenancy cloud concerns by providing dedicated compute, storage and network.
“Private cloud can provide the speed-to-market and scalability of public cloud, yet with enhanced security,” said Stephen Hilton, CSC executive vice president and general manager, Global Infrastructure Services. “Improved IT infrastructure manageability and flexibility are drivers of private cloud adoption. Many regulated industries, such as financial services, will continue to use private cloud due to security, privacy and regulatory concerns.”
Contact us to learn more about CSC’s private cloud solutions.