A Global Chemical Manufacturer Develops an Enterprise Vision and Strategy
Client:A global chemical manufacturer
- The customer was unable to decide which ERP system to select
- Multiple vision and mission statements
- Client workshop to help understand requirements
- Evaluated ERP solutions
- Drafted vision and mission
- Client selected an ERP package after two previous failed attempts
- CSC executed a four week Vision and Strategy Formulation
A CSC Supply Chain XPRESS team helped this $1 billion global chemical manufacturer through an ERP Package Evaluation & Selection (PES). The manufacturer had attempted to select a package twice before in the past five years with no consensus being reached among its business units. In addition, CSC realized that there were no enterprise vision or business and IT strategies formulated and disbursed to the enterprise. After the initial meetings with CSC, the enterprise headquarters and four disparate business units formulated and distributed a single enterprise vision with appropriate business and IT strategies for its execution and came to consensus on an ERP application complete with a deployment plan.
CSC worked collaboratively both internally and externally with the client to understand the dynamics of the situation:
- A Mixture of division-specific and home-grown applications with costs “eating up” most of the budget
- An enterprise that had been broken into four companies but was trying to formulate a new “Corporate” emerging and become truly global
- A desire to exploit commonality, integrate only when a necessity and focus on core business
During workshop conducted internationally, CSC and the client team:
CSC executed a four week Vision and Strategy Formulation phase before our XPRESS methodology, which was modified to accommodate work sessions in the UK & United States and a third vendor demo session. As a result CSC was able to direct this enterprise to select an ERP solution to accommodate anticipated dramatic changes in organization size, strategy, and people.