Associate Professional: Database Administrator
As part of CSC’s graduate program, our graduate Associate Consultants will have the opportunity to experience supporting some of our clients legacy systems. You will be trained as a Database Administrator in the support of Adabas Natural and DB2.
- Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing or deleting old or obsolete files. Develops data retrieval queries and optimizes data queries within programs for performance for performance and maintainability. Determines data to collect and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Analyzes and determines informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Assists development teams in defining logical attributes and inter-relationships and assists in designing data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Tests designed applications utilizing database management software or general programming software to enhance performance.
- Installs, implements and supports systems within user base; creates and updates database installation instructions and design changes for client use.
- Installs new systems or new releases of database systems; determines table attributes, primary, and alternate keys for multiple databases. Installs and upgrades hardware and software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solutions and implements approved products.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Programming skills for database management and general software
- Good communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers, and managers
- Technical infrastructure design skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
1. Copy job number below
2. Click apply now
3. Paste job number into search criteria